ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Words of Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PK766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 11:19am
For me it all started in the late 80's when I was stationed by the USAF to the UK.  I was quickly introduced to scanners and ATC.   I still listen to VHF/UHF airband!  Then computers came around and I too tried everything related to flight and ATC....  All MSFS versions, tons of add-ons, Wesson ATC Sim, Xavius ATCC, all of the Feel There ATC products, all of the Big Fat Simulation products, ATC Simulator 2 (and 1) London Control, the Japanese ATC sims for Tokyo, and a bunch of others....   I stumbled on this sim while conducting a search to see if anything new was out there in the hopes that a new ARTCC sim was being created or avbl.  Well, I can now say that finding ATCPro has been the best discovery in a long time!  Not since Xavius ATCC has there been a more realistic, and beautiful implementation of the radar environment!  I especially like the real-world sectorization of the TRACON sectors at the airports which allow for a realistic workload instead of the older "work the whole facility" mindset which was so very fake and impossible to control (unless you dialed back the amount of flights).  Anyways, this sim is BY FAR my favorite to date!  The implementation seems very realistic!  My favorite sector(s):  A80-Falcon Feeder combined with North Feeder (128.0 & 128.52)!!!  Pure heaven!  (except when North Departure violates your airspace that is).
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
PK,
the north departure violation is usually a pointout you DONT take... but then CENTER takes the handoff and they start climbing the plane.  I believe I brought this to Tom's attn a while back... 
Ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 6:58pm
Greetings to everyone:  I just want to make a few comments about ATC PRO, the people who developed it, and the assistance this forum has been to me personally. 

First off, to Dave and Tom and their associates for producing this immersive simulator, this is a quality product and deserves every accolade posted here. I am no stranger to simulators of all kinds and with this one you have hit a home run! It was so refreshing to purchase it with speech recognition included and not have to download a program which is largely unsupported and most of the time doesn't work at all. I have the most recent iteration and it is fabulous. 

Next, I want to comment on this forum and the enthusiasts who populate it. I have read every post since its inception and I am impressed with the politeness, civility and consideration of all involved. I have lurked in many forums over years of hobbies and simulations of all kinds, and invariably there are misunderstandings and conflicts between posters which deter me from participating. My reading has answered many of my unasked questions and helped me to learn the intricacies of this sim. I am by no means competent but it will come over time. 

In closing I would like to say I am looking forward to staying informed particularly due to the fact that the developers are truly involved, as are professional air traffic controllers and knowledgable sim users who are quick to provide help and solve problems. You guys rock!

Thank you to all of you for making this an exciting and interesting hobby!
Ray
Sim-Deck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim-Deck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 4:38pm
Brilliant. 
Based in the UK. Passion for simulations. ATC-Flight-Combat Sims. Runner, Kayaker, Mountain Biker. My Sim Blog
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 8:33pm
All:

Many, many thanks for all the kind words.  It is most gratifying to know that all the long hours over 2.5+ years have been worth it.  We - the development team - are most grateful for the support and encouragement that you have all shown here on the forums.  Simply put:  Thank you.

ATCpro seems, at times, to be a well-kept secret.  If you would do a post or two on some other forums, that would also be appreciated.  Nothing like revenue to motivate you to keep working. 

In addition, if you know of a forum or publication, or whatever, that would be a good place for us to advertise or have a presence, please raise your hand.

Thanx again to all of you.

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Sim-Deck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim-Deck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:15am
Some work could be done to the websites SEO. When I type "Air traffic control simulation pc" or words to that effect in a search engine this simulation doesn't come up. That search for many potential customers is the first step and an important one.

Based in the UK. Passion for simulations. ATC-Flight-Combat Sims. Runner, Kayaker, Mountain Biker. My Sim Blog
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:23am
Sim-Deck:

Point taken.  we're workin on it.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software.
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
MIB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 5:58pm
Guys, let me repeat and quote myself here (taken from another thread and FB), now that my account is approved: Thank you! Thank you for this immersive piece of ATC Art!

After some second thoughts I finally made the purchase, reluctant after all the kerfuffel with other ATC products (as good as they are), particularly in the field of speech recognition. Purchase and installation worked straightforward and smooth. I adjusted some settings, activated my (only average) headset, selected my first shift and started. What shall I say, speech recognition (and remember, I am not even native english speaker) worked from the first command on. Not always at first try, but the rate is fantastic. Its so much fun! Of course I screwed up my sector within 10 minutes, but procedures etc. come next. Congratulations on a fantastic, first-in-class product that I do hope will be enhanced featurewise and sectorwise in the years to come. Purchase will be a no-brainer. Outstanding! 😃
Oh! Its my scope now, sorry guys, need to go and push some virtual tin.
ThomasK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Dear ATCpro Team,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy this wonderful simulator you have created. It is such a pleasure to discover the world of ATC in this way. There is much to learn but it's incredibly fun along the way. And what a kick when you get it right! :-)

Your sim is a gem, it's a work of art and in a league of its own in the field of ATC simulation. I hope it can grow into an even greater piece of software over the coming years but the current build is already top-notch in many a department. Thank you very much for all your efforts.

Kind regards,
Thomas Kok
The Netherlands

Edited by ThomasK - 23 May 2018 at 2:00pm
MIB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by ThomasK ThomasK wrote:

Dear ATCpro Team,

Kind regards,
Thomas Kok
The Netherlands

Hi Thomas, any relation to Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft - and other - fame?
Cheers,
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic