ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find SIDS and STARS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daydreamer152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find SIDS and STARS
    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:11am
New to ATC Pro. Am having no luck in finding information on the SIDS and STARS parameters.

Is there a place where these are stored and downloadable? Am I going to have to get a subscription to Jepps for this? Is there another way?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.....
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:59am
Hi there

You can find the information here, just be aware that ATCPRO dont use the newest procedures so you cant find all of them. Most procedures seems to have changed names for KATL.
Search for airport and click on IFR plates

Here is another site where many of the ones used in ATCPRO can be found

https://airportnavfinder.com/airport/KATL/

Henrik

Edited by hnorgaar - 28 Oct 2018 at 4:07am
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:06am
Hi Daydreamer,
The most useful and accurate source of information about Sids and Stars in ATCpro is located on the Operational Info tab on the Duty Desk within the game. Select the facility on this tab and it will show the complete airspace information and there is a generate pdf button that allows you to print a hard copy. Personally I find when controlling it is most useful to turn on the maps named for the Sids and Stars on the radar scope for any arrivals or departures I am handling. Also it is useful to turn on the airspace maps that show the airspace boundaries with altitudes and the Minimum Safe Altitudes map. How to do this is demonstrated in the tutorials for arrivals and departures on our support page. Also on our support page are quick reference sheets for each facility that have useful information such as the minimum approach altitude for the main airport and all control position frequencies.

If you really need the actual approach and departure plates used for the facilities I saved copies from the FAA site for the data currently being used in Atcpro. I can send them to you (or anyone else who is interested), just let me know.

Best Regards,
Dave Logan
ATCpro Project Team
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm
Dave,

It would be nice to have a zip file available for download that contains those files since they are updated often and airports like ATL have completely changed their approach and departure procedures.  The zip can be updated when the new release is available.

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm
Sure, I will post a download link for the published procedures for all facilities from the data currently used in ATCpro, here and on the support page.
Dave
ATCpro Project Team
crbascott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crbascott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 12:17am
Will Build 21 update the SIDs/STARs to current versions or are there any plans that will allow the user to mod/update said procedures?
ndsamuelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndsamuelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by crbascott crbascott wrote:

Will Build 21 update the SIDs/STARs to current versions or are there any plans that will allow the user to mod/update said procedures?

I mean you can edit every waypoint and every approach via the db it just depends on if you know what you're doing. I took a good chunk of time and learned to at least make waypoints in the STARs that were most common that they could at least decend via, granted there were lots of learning bumps along the way. But yes, a tool or something to streamline the process would be useful, as well as something to randomly generate traffic or something like that just for those that like to tinker.

daydreamer152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daydreamer152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:14pm
Wow!! Thanks to all who replied. Lots of useful info. The downloadable file of the currently used
SIDS and STARS sounds like just what I was needing. You guys are great. Thanks for the help.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:06pm
Hi folks,
I’ve uploaded the sids and stars for all facilities to our support page: https://www.atcprosim.com/support
You can find download links to PDFs for each facility with the procedures as they were published when the data was last captured in ATCpro. Let me know if you have any questions,
Enjoy!
Dave
ATCpro Project Team
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:20pm
Dave thanks for making these available to the community.  I know I will find them very useful.

Edited by VenturaGuy101 - 02 Nov 2018 at 12:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic