ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virtual Pilot Voices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aambury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Pilot Voices
    Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
Is it possible to obtain more virtual pilot voices?

The system only offers 5 voices (Adam,Katherine,Jack,Nathan and William)..

How does one acquire more ??

Thanks
Daffy
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
Aambury:

We license the voices from a company called CereProc.  Voices usually cost about $50 per voice per instance, which of course would be prohibitive for ATCpro.  We could add additional voices, but the cost of ATCpro would jump dramatically.  

I had thought about making an additional voice available to individual users who requested them, but copy protection becomes the issue.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm
At $50 per voice per instance (I assume for each copy of ATCPro) would be prohibitive.  One possibility would be if you can get the cost lower for a voice would be to release a DLC Pack that would contain a very large zone like SCT (Southern California) and a smaller zone like L30 (Las Vegas) and include 1 additional voice.  Around $40 for the DLC would not be too prohibitive to the consumer.  If the cost would be $60 or more, than it would not be worth it to add additional voices.  The important part is getting most of the money from the DLC to go to the ATCPro team to continue the development of ATCPro.

Thanks for the insight Tom.
aambury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aambury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:42am
Thanks gents for your response.

The voices already available are adequate, but it would have been a good to have more...

Daffy
aambury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aambury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 12:05pm
Just a thought...

Is it possible to add your own voice?

I'm thinking like car navigation where you can add other voices using specific software..

Am I being a bit naive ?
Daffy
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 5:38pm
Is it possible to add your own voice?
I'm thinking like car navigation where you can add other voices using specific software..

You're not being naive.  The company from which we license the synthetic voices does have a way to allow you to use your voice with their software.  The process is this:  You read and record a script of utterances, and then they input that to their voice processing software, and a new synthetic voice is the output.  Currently they charge about $2000 for this service.  If you want to write the check, we can make it happen.

Regards

Tom 
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
aambury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aambury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:35am
I think I will remain being naive it's cheaper Geek
Daffy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic