ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VFR traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VFR traffic
    Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:23am
Did we ever find out why we lost VFR traffic? Every flight I have is IFR. Also, why don't we get VFR arrivals to primary airports? I'm not talking about to primary class B airports (even though it's possible), but to the primary Class C's.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:40am
I miss those little VFR guys buzzing around. Still hoping that it will be in a new update. Fingers crossed.
KevinB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:29pm
Yep...me too.

I haven't quite figured out why the dev (or the dev's rep I don't know) says nothing is wrong, but never addresses the "0 operations per hour" message we (myself always) get.

Edited by KevinB61 - 17 May 2016 at 1:29pm
Greg073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 7:11pm
Here too.  It's actually become less fun for me to work because of this.  All IFR aircraft is not exactly realistic during ultra-VMC days.
pinback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:18pm
I didn't come on board until .19, so I had the fortune to not know what I was missing, but reading about it from all y'all has got me interested and hopeful for .20.

andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:26am
Oh it was awesome. Really added to the realism in a way that no other Atc sim has to my recollection). You would have little planes, as small as a Cessna 150 buzzing through the airspace just as they would in real life. Coasting on and off the radar as they followed the mountain pass (at ABQ
).. Cool stuff.

Let's all remember that there were some issues with the flight following aircraft. They would get in the way of the approaches and you really couldn't control them. They wouldn't change altitude or heading as you instructed.

Hopefully soon this feature will be brought back. It really was fantastic. Maybe we'll hear from Dave or Tom soon. Flag Mountian where art thou?
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 10:36am
There are two parameters (sliders) which affect VFR flights that you need to be aware of. 

On the Duty Desk, under Traffic Generation, there is an "Other" section.  Within Other are two sliders - overflights and GA pattern.  If you expect to see any GA VFR flights, then GA Pattern must be set at 100%.

Also on the Duty Desk, under Traffic Generation, there is a toggle titled "Only simulate flights from primary airport in facility.  If this is turned off, then GA and especially VFR GA will not appear on your scope.

If you have both of these parameters set correctly, and are still not seeing any VFR, please let me know.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Edited by Tom@FlagMountain - 19 May 2016 at 10:36am
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:45am
I have and always keep all sliders at 100%. I see the VFR pattern guys and that's it. All of my satellite departures are IFR even on severe clear days. I never get flight following requests and my # of VFR operations is still listed as 0/day even when within the times specified. So, there's that. All aircraft I handle are labeled IFR until I terminate them when they see the airport and then when they call me back (like they always do) to report some arbitrary traffic pattern position, they're labeled VFR. That's the only time I have VFR traffic as anything in my flight strip bay.
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:47am
Seeing the pattern guys is fine, I see them. I just never get any flight following or VFR arrivals to the primary airport or to any satellite airport. They're all IFR. 
pinback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by mlovetto mlovetto wrote:

I have and always keep all sliders at 100%. I see the VFR pattern guys and that's it. All of my satellite departures are IFR even on severe clear days. I never get flight following requests and my # of VFR operations is still listed as 0/day even when within the times specified. So, there's that. All aircraft I handle are labeled IFR until I terminate them when they see the airport and then when they call me back (like they always do) to report some arbitrary traffic pattern position, they're labeled VFR. That's the only time I have VFR traffic as anything in my flight strip bay.

+1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic