ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seattle Boeing Airspace Delegation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seattle Boeing Airspace Delegation
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:35am
Maybe this is a question for Delta Mike,

I am looking at ATC Pro S46 pdf on page 12 and 13.  Specifically I'm looking at the Satellite Boeing D space and the South Flow map on page 35.  Yesterday I was working the W feeder and was able to successfully slew the D designator and do the handoff from an AC that came down the JAWBN3 arrival, but my radio call was a shot in the dark.  For the sim I see a radio frequency of 125.9.
I was hoping to see that frequency on the current (real world) JAWBN5 plate, but I see APP CON 125.6.

So, the question is for the handoff to an AC headed for KBFI where I'm the W feeder controller, do I say "Fedex22  contact Seattle Approach on 125.9" ?.  

My strategy was to keep that AC in my airspace (W feeder) above 6 thousand, then select D and wait for the signal (from D) to assign the frequency change.  It worked.
Gene Anderson
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
So, as feeder, just take the NW arrivals to BFI and immediately descend them to 6000 (the base of your airspace).  Flash to D.  Use the in-sim freqs listed on the right side under SIGN ON 1D- 125.9.  

As W feeder, your current freq is 125.6.  So that's the one listed on the chart, which is intended to point you towards the first controller.  The final sector freqs generally are not listed.  

However, keep in mind that in real life, things have changed since ATC Pro did a FOIA request and created the game.  For example, the in-game O sector is now just always with A sector, which aides in delivering BFI arrivals from the northeast to D sector under final.  The D south sector is now ALWAYS sector D, regardless of landing direction.  The D north sector is now always the O sector, regardless of landing direction.  Perhaps someday this will be updated, but just be cognizant that using up to date charts may lead you down a slightly wrong path.   

Edited by deltamike172 - 13 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
gwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:05pm
Mike, thanks, of course, W is 125.6, duh, ...open my eyes....  So, handing to D, is that "Seattle Approach" ? Gene
Gene Anderson
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 11:40pm
Yes, every sector in the building is "Seattle approach" unless it's departure working a departure, in which case "Seattle departure"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic