ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Times
    Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 4:53pm

There seems to be some confusion about times in ATCpro.  Let me see if I can get the fog to lift a bit.

First, ATCpro times are calculated as seconds from midnight sunday (the boundary between sunday and Monday) Zulu time, and roll over to zero at the end of the week.

Second, When you specify a day of the week and a time for a session, that is the local time AT THE FACILITY YOU ARE WORKING.  Doesn't matter what your location is.  Since the facility location is known, we convert to Zulu time for the scope display. 

Third:  When you are reporting a session time, all you need to tell us is the day of the week, and the local time.  We will translate as required from this information.

Does this help?

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Havenman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 9:05am
Tom,

That is clear, I just wonder what the reasoning behind it is. If I do a morning shift, say 09:00, both the scope and the  Information display show 16:00, giving you the impression you do an afternoon shift. It's no big deal just a little confusing but for all I know this is how it works in real life.  

Martin
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 11:30am
Martin:

When setting the time on the duty desk, note that Zulu time is also displayed in a smaller font.  When running the scope, Zulu time is displayed because all aviation worldwide uses Zulu time.

In the example you cited above, ABQ is -7 from Zulu time, so 0900 as local time, and 1600 on the scope is exactly right. 

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 12:08pm
Part of the issue here may be that when you start the sim or end a session and you are ready to start a new session, the computer system time is shown on the "shift starting time" time clock. If you live in Europe and your local time is Zulu time (+/- an hour) then it might seem strange that the Zulu time shown would be different, when in fact it is correct for the facility location in the sim (such as Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA). 

The other confusing and unfortunate thing is a bug with the Zulu time display showing greater than 24 hours (not rolling over to 00:00 after 23:59). This will be fixed in the next program update coming soon.
Dave Logan

Edited by Dave @ Flag Mountain - 30 Jan 2016 at 12:08pm
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 4:16pm
I get Zulu times greater than 24, which shouldn't be possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic