ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is awesome! Just a couple of questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamKennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is awesome! Just a couple of questions
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:12am
First off I just want to say how great this simulation is, it was worth every penny and I’ve already sunk several hours into it. Thank you everybody who was involved in the development of ATC Pro!

I just have a few questions:

1) I am using my laptop’s built in microphone, it’s pretty accurate but would I see an increase in accuracy with a headset or would it make no difference?

2) In ABQ, when I say “join the mnzno2 departure”, some aircraft join it and fly it fine, other times they start making a u-turn which ends up causing a violation during busy periods. Do they have to pass a specific waypoint before instructing them to join? What am I doing wrong here?

3) I struggle to clear aircraft for ILS approaches, I usually say “turn xyz cleared for the ILS runway xy” and some aircraft follow it fine, others ask me to say again, sometimes the voice recognition detects something completely different. I can almost always get them to join the localiser but usually end up clearing for the visual approach since the ILS approach doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried following it as outlined on the voice command summary page but with no luck. How necessary is the ‘position’ part of PTAC? I usually just do TAC, could that be the issue?

Other than these problems though it’s an absolutely fantastic simulation!
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:26am
Hi there

1. Yes Im sure a headset will make a difference, did for me.
2. For the join departure you will need to send them to a waypoint on the departure first, "xx proceed direct mnzno, join the mnzno2 departure" or, which im not sure of, on to a course which intercept the departure
3. The correct phrase is "Cleared ILS runway 8 approach", and that works fine for me

Henrik
SamKennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamKennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:35am
Thank you I’ve had more success with saying “direct x then join y”, however in some instances it still doesn’t work, even though the voice recognition works properly. Does the departing aircraft have to be assigned to a departure route to assign it to follow it?
Otherwise I just get “say again for xyz”
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
First off I just want to say how great this simulation is, it was worth every penny and I’ve already sunk several hours into it. Thank you everybody who was involved in the development of ATC Pro!

Thanx for the kind words.

I just have a few questions:

1) I am using my laptop’s built in microphone, it’s pretty accurate but would I see an increase in accuracy with a headset or would it make no difference?

A headset will definitely make a difference.  I have been using a Microsoft LifeChat LX4000 (Amazon $42) since the beginning of the development of ATCpro, and it works perfectly.  

2) In ABQ, when I say “join the mnzno2 departure”, some aircraft join it and fly it fine, other times they start making a u-turn which ends up causing a violation during busy periods. Do they have to pass a specific waypoint before instructing them to join? What am I doing wrong here?

Suggest that you vector them to a waypoint that is on the SID, then join.  Example:  SW123 proceed direct to Goofy, join the manzano two departure.  ATCpro tries to go to the closest waypoint that is on the SID.  Unfortunately, this is sometimes behind the a/c.

3) I struggle to clear aircraft for ILS approaches, I usually say “turn xyz cleared for the ILS runway xy” and some aircraft follow it fine, others ask me to say again, sometimes the voice recognition detects something completely different. I can almost always get them to join the localiser but usually end up clearing for the visual approach since the ILS approach doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried following it as outlined on the voice command summary page but with no luck. How necessary is the ‘position’ part of PTAC? I usually just do TAC, could that be the issue?

As has already been pointed out, the correct syntax is 'cleared I L S runway 8 approach".  Try that.

Other than these problems though it’s an absolutely fantastic simulation!

Again, thank you.

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
JimOrlando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimOrlando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:03am
To your last question, yes, the a/c must be assigned a departure procedure to use it. Check the flight strip. If it doesn't show a departure procedure then the a/c must be vectored to its departure fix. Or you can send it direct to the departure fix (N1234A direct PNYON) I prefer vectoring for two reasons: 1. It makes me more aware of the airspace I'm working (which ultimately makes me more proficient) and 2. If I have to revector the a/c for traffic or other reasons, I already know its heading so I don't have to ask.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic