ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The S46 Fixes Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xodius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:47am
Thanks. Giving yours a shot.

I really have beaten that horse to death and nothing useful came out of it.
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:49am
Just change SID/STAR names in the routes, universal, not in planning. In planning change the STARS in question to 4,5,6. I have added mine in the other post, try it out 
Xodius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xodius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:59am
I'm aware of that. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something different with the routes. As I said, I see some correlation for some things and others not. I've already performed all the changes I wanted from non- to rnav last night.

I'll run a diff on my file and yours as well.

Edited by Xodius - 07 Oct 2017 at 6:02am
gwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 4:36pm
I am in the process of engineering a custom.db for KSEA and discovered that the route declarations in universal are not right.  There is a mismatch in the route name for MARNRx.  I suspect that I'll find more.  Million thanks to Xodius for some amazing dedication to this effort.

here is planning.terminals
"31223"    "31223"    "7600"    "1"    "KSEA"    "MARNR4"    "MARNR4"    

here is universal.routes filtering on 'MARNR' and there are no routes to MARNR4
"PAFA"    "KSEA"    "350"    "RDFLG2 RDFLG J502 SSR BOCAA YYJ MARNR5"
"PANC"    "KSEA"    "410"    "NOEND3 NOEND LAIRE BKA DUGGS YYJ MARNR5"
"PAJN"    "KSEA"    "410"    "GLAZZ1 SNETT MICZI YYJ MARNR5"
"CYVR"    "KSEA"    "190"    "ROESH MARNR5"
"KBLI"    "KSEA"    "240"    "KIENO4 CVV BUHNR MARNR5"
"PAKT"    "KSEA"    "350"    "ANN3 JIZPU YJQ YYJ MARNR5"
"RCTP"    "KSEA"    "350"    "VIDKU DOLFF TOU MARNR5"
"RKSI"    "KSEA"    "330"    "TAMRU TOU MARNR5"
"RJAA"    "KSEA"    "390"    "TAMRU TOU MARNR5"
"VHHH"    "KSEA"    "310"    "TAMRU TOU MARNR5"
"ZSPD"    "KSEA"    "246"    "LAMEN A593 ONIKU Y60 POTET Y60 FUE Y23 BRIGE Y233 UTIBO Y108 MESSE Y872 KAGIS ONION OTR5 KALNA G344 CARTO G344 CRYPT A342 CDB 5500N 16000W 5500N 15000W 5300N 14000W NUDGE DOLFF TOU MARNR5"
"ZBAA"    "KSEA"    "370"    "VALDA H222 MCG J111 TED J133 LAIRE BKA J195 ANN J502 HANRY J502 YYJ MARNR5"  

Gene Anderson
Xodius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xodius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 3:48am
Would love some clarification of how routes actually work in this. I can delete that whole table and everything functions normally, so I am still unclear what effect it really has.

On another note .. Had some of the best fun ever on S46 tonight. Kept me sweating.

Edited by Xodius - 10 Oct 2017 at 3:49am
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:16pm
Digging through the DLL code and the exe code using JustDecompile I can see several locations where it uses universal.db to pull data from the Aircraft table in universal.db

I can see one instance where it pulls the data from the Callsigns table in universal.db

There are zero instances where it pulls from the routes table in Universal.db. It is possible that some of the source reference libraries used to compile the game, which aren't packaged as DLL files therefore I can't see them could use that information, and the way decompile programs work is without that source it can't really decompile sections that work with it. 

The fact I can see instances of the usage for universal.db but none of them use routes table, and the fact that you deleted the entire routes table without issue tells me that the program is not using it. 

Could be wrong, though. Unless Tom and crew care to send me the raw source .... which I rather doubt. Wink

PS -- In addition there is a very large class that is used by the program to figure out flight routes and it relies on the planning.db file pretty heavily. It is the planner.dll file and it has a  method RoutePlanner (which does a great deal of work) and uses the planning.db file for the majority of what it does, and only uses the aircraft table in universal.db

PPS -- I have spent hours digging through the C# code (that I could see with dotPeek and Justdecompile) for a variety of things (mainly I wanted to hook in and change the font sizes on some of the windows), and I don't have the time to do much poking around. Too much work stuff going on.

Edited by Stooge - 10 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
Aryto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aryto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:16pm
One year later and I have to resurrect this and ask, Xodius did you ever get it tweaked and fine-tuned to something consistently playable? I've been playing hnorgaar's modification and have had a good time with it. But of course, it doesn't touch the SIDs and STARs to mitigate the AI airspace busts.

As we know, by default the AI will depart aircraft off the 16's and then climb them almost immediately to FL150 which will always bust your feeder airspaces, and even puts them on conflict courses for a/c following the HAWKZ descent plan. As far as I can tell, currently all SIDs out of KSEA climb to 3k-4k max until they're clear of potential arrival conflicts and final controllers keep a/c at 5k until turning towards the localizer.

It's nice to have arrivals coming in more consistent with real world:
2018 Seattle South Flow

Edited by Aryto - 24 Oct 2018 at 9:21pm
ndsamuelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndsamuelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Aryto Aryto wrote:

One year later and I have to resurrect this and ask, Xodius did you ever get it tweaked and fine-tuned to something consistently playable? I've been playing hnorgaar's modification and have had a good time with it. But of course, it doesn't touch the SIDs and STARs to mitigate the AI airspace busts.

As we know, by default the AI will depart aircraft off the 16's and then climb them almost immediately to FL150 which will always bust your feeder airspaces, and even puts them on conflict courses for a/c following the HAWKZ descent plan. As far as I can tell, currently all SIDs out of KSEA climb to 3k-4k max until they're clear of potential arrival conflicts and final controllers keep a/c at 5k until turning towards the localizer.

It's nice to have arrivals coming in more consistent with real world:

I'm considering uploading my database files, though I've really only tweaked like 2 of the STARs, I could be convinced to tweak the others if someone wanted to give me waypoints with what altitude you'd like them at. PM me if you want my ATL tweaks for the DIRTY2 (east flow atl arrival) or the HAWKZ4 arrival in seattle.

Sidenote, the seattle SIDs are a bit wonky, though I no longer seem to have altitude breaching issues on whichever one that was where they turn west across your airspace. (sorry, I've not been actively playing alot for quite awhile as I've been away, and moving, and blah blah blah boring life stuff. )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic