ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sim doesn’t open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sim doesn’t open
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
Hi
Just purchase the sim , there is error through the download, I pressed ignore, after complete downloading running the sim , didn’t open completely, just saying beginning shift but doesn’t complete loading data

Regards
JoeControler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:33pm
Might just be one heck of a coincidence but my current install stopped opening this afternoon. Load Screen appears, stays up for about 20 sec then back to desktop. The program never opens.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue. Rinse and repeat.

Just prior to this problem I was starting to have an issue that was preventing me from clicking on tags. Couldn't accept hand offs, check data blocks, etc. Have never had that issue before. Typed in a command string and the everything was back to normal. A few min later, same thing. Closed sim and reopened, same issues. Shut down computer to do some other things,came back and now the sim wont open at all.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:37pm
Raad:

If you got an error during the download, then it is highly likely that the installation file is corrupted.   Re-download and try again.  Be SURE to disable your anti-virus software when installing ATCpro.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
JoeControler:

If ATCpro was working correctly for a while, then the obvious question is- What changed?

We have seen instances of interference with ATCpro from another program that gets installed.  The most common cause of ATCpro not running is if you don't have your audio set up correctly.  Check that you have the default auto input and output devices set correctly.

If you want to try an uninstall/reinstall,  then (a) be SURE that your anti-virus software is off,   (b) after the uninstall, delete the Flag Mountain folder from Program Files (X86) and ProgramData, and reboot before you reinstall, again, making SURE that your anti-virus software is off after the reboot.  

This is nagging at me because we had one other instance of similar behavior about 9 months ago.  It was a simple fix, but I can't remember what caused the problem.  Will keep thinking and researching it.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
JoeControler:

Went back to the forum history, and another user had a "sim won't open" issue back last November.  He resolved it by resetting his audio.  Suggest you take an in-depth look at your audio settings, and see if that helps.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:57pm
Thanks Tom, I did all the things you recommended including anit-virus during my reinstall.

As for new programs nothing was added or deleted before the problem.

Throwing it out there I did run the auto-patch for my anti-virus and it installed an update for Google Chrome. Any possibility that might have something to do with it? Not sure why it would but that is literally the only thing that was done prior to the issue.

I did just reinstall again and I am now getting the error message that Radd mentioned. I was at least installing without error previously, just would not open.
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:06pm
Tom

If you mean by re- download that I should uninstall and reinstall I did that step before, and again an error message came on but deferent than the other plus I don’t have anti-virus yet just bought the PC , the only thing I didn’t do what you advise joe by delete the Flag Mountain folder from Program Files (X86) after uninstall, i will do this step and see what’s gonna happen.

Regards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:07pm
That might have done it, had to reset audio defaults again. Must have changed when Google patched.

It is reinstalling now with no error.....wait one......SUCCESS!!! Running again.

While I have your attention, any word on the next updateWink

Thank you sir and hope this helps someone else as well.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:10pm
One thing that will cause the sim to hang while it is loading traffic is a missing or corrupt database file.  I just remembered that a similar issue was caused by a missing dynamic file in the facilities and SR sections.   

This is the hardest kind of issue to figure out.  Let's start with the audio, and see if that helps any.  

Any customization of your Windows setup?

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:34am
Hi Tom

still having the same problem i did uninstall the program and install it again , i found out an error message during the installation ( *2029) i pressed ignore to continue but eventually same problem happened

Regards

Raad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic