ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seperation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seperation
    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 1:28pm
Whre ins the document can I find the separation rules?
ReaperT215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReaperT215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:09pm
Without going through the documentation, I can't tell you off hand where to find it. I can tell you that the minimum separation is 3 miles laterally and 1000 feet vertically. There are exceptions like if there is a plane in trail of a heavy aircraft you need more spacing. If the plane in trail of a heavy is considerably smaller than the heavy you need even more spacing. I'm not sure if this is detailed in the documentation or not. I will have to take a look sometime.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm
Separation is 1000 feet vertically, and 5 miles in trail, however, when you get close and are on final, 3 miles is OK.  Heavies require more, but the instruction will tell you if you get it wrong. Wink
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic