ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting sectors and positions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:50pm
I can't effect the handoff by typing A and slewing the target  on MIA S trying to handoff
to the final controller. Can't get a green data tag. I thought that was the proper procedure
in the text.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:09pm

hartleecub:

From the TCW reference manual, page 6:

Handing off is usually a two step process. The first step is entering the Controller ID letter (C,N,S,D etc.) then click the target. The second step is giving the pilot the frequency of the controller you are handing him off to, such as, "American 123, contact Albuquerque Center on one thirty tree point six five". Make sure he reads back the correct frequency then his target will turn green to indicate he is no longer under your control.

Are you giving the frequency change command?

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
hartleecub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
I give the freq and the flight acknowledges it but I get the "forgot to handoff" ding. I tried typing 1A and slewing the target and also A but no luck. Why do I keep getting the ding for that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:06pm
The flight actually changes freqs and talks to the next controller and the tag turns green but I keep getting the ding nontheless.
snaxx45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snaxx45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by hartleecub hartleecub wrote:

The flight actually changes freqs and talks to the next controller and the tag turns green but I keep getting the ding nontheless.

Same here.
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:19am
I would try to hand off the plane shortly after you descend the plane to 4000, seems you are too close to the assigned runway, and therefore will maybe have you hand off to D insted of A.
Also you cant hand off to A before giving the descend to 4000
My 2 cents

Henrik

Edited by hnorgaar - 28 Jun 2017 at 3:07am
Salad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 2:45am
Sounds like a frequency issue; I find if I try and hand off to the wrong controller (wrong letter to initiate handoff) I will get chewed out straight away. Make sure final A frequency is reading correct when you give it. As Tom said "make sure he reads back the correct frequency" but sometimes that can be hard when the instructor is getting over excited.

Don't get me started on the arguments I have had with the instructor.....Wacko

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 4:14am

That did the trick...thanks a lot. Also I wasn't waiting until the tag started to flash to give the freq change.
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 4:29am
Happy to help, enjoy simming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:25pm

That does work fine but I can't find any documentation that says that explicitly. Why won't 5000 work for a handoff to the final controller? And if the final controller owns 3000 and below according to the map, why does he take them at 4?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic