ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting sectors and positions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selecting sectors and positions
    Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:05am

From the forum posts, it seems to me that nearly all of you are working ABQ, TYS, or MCI, and I got to wondering why A80, SEA, and MIA seem to be neglected.  Is it possible that these busier facilities seem too daunting to try to work?

Unlike some other ATC simulation programs, ATCpro allows you to select one position at a larger facility.  This will make the workload manageable.  If you are fearless, you can select more than one position.  Sometimes selecting both feeder and final will give you a good experience. 

Suggestions:  Try working south final at SEA, feeder and approach at MIA, or final at A80.  To preview these, run an all AI session, then in the ETVS window, select the position letter from the list in the middle.  This will cause all the flights for that position to show in white.  Then select the position frequency so that you can hear the controllers and the pilots.  This will also activate the comm history for that position. 

So, I will ask the question - who's working SEA, MIA, or A80, and what is your favorite sector?

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:49am
I'm working MIA, mostly South Approach and South Final, with East Flow.

If so, i can make a kind of "cheat sheet" of how i'm working MIA that includes the Final sector.
(e.g. http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=191&KW=sath_99&PID=947&title=miami-south-approach-some-hints-and-tips#947)

Edited by Sath_99 - 12 May 2016 at 11:50am
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:50am
I work MIA and ATL a lot. I tried MCI a few times and it seems super buggy and makes it hard to control. SEA is fun to work as well but I just haven't done it as much. I haven't really learned that airspace yet. I usually work feeder or final positions at the bigger facilities. I'm pretty decent at A80.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
crbascott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crbascott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:01pm
I've primarily been working SEA and MIA. As a somewhat newbie to the ATC simulation genre my preference is commercial traffic and, as a result, my focus is trying to emulate as much reality as possible based on what I've learned from others and what I see and hear using flight tracking apps and ATC Live (primarily DFW).

That's why I'm so excited about ATCpro. The ability to perform a single position and interact with others (AI) is something that I have yet to experience with other simulators.

At this point, I've turned off satellite traffic because I really just don't know what to do with them (which obviously takes away from the reality). That is why the smaller facilities like ABQ aren't on my radar screen, so to speak. However, I'd love it if there were a tutorial or a video on how to handle this type of traffic. I tried listening to AI and it just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks,
Craig  

cullyeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullyeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 8:27pm
Except after new releases when I revert to ABQ for testing/learning new features, I am mostly working A80 (or MCI on occasion).  I started with feeders approaches and departures, then finals.  Occasionally I will grab some zantac and combine 2 feeders and a final.  I can't say this results in great evaluations Smile

Just a month or two ago, I began dabbling in A80 satellites.  This is *much* more fun than I anticipated because of the requirement to watch out for multiple overlying and adjacent airspaces that cause havoc with climbs and simple routings.  Pointouts come in handy!

I will say that you guys did a great job at picking facilities to suit every mood!
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:01pm
I really enjoy ABQ North in an east flow.  There are hardly any bugs and the sector has a giant conflict area right in the middle.  

I also like working SEA west feeder and finals.  I've tried BFI sector and got my ass kicked.  AI traffic violates Finals all the time (bug), but when you actually only use D airspace, its a vector fest!  

TYS fulled combined is fun now that the planes are above the MVA.  Is there a list of STARS single letter handoff codes for the surrounding approaches?  (C for center, I think I found A for Ashville, and H for Chattanooga?)  

I've tried MCI, but it needs a lot of work.  Center doesn't always handoff right.  Feeder doesn't do anything right sometimes.  

DM

Edited by deltamike172 - 30 May 2016 at 8:03pm
nikita787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikita787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 8:30pm
I absolutely love A80, I usually control one of the finals or feeds. Sometimes, really fun to do btw, I'll control one of the Satellite sectors and I've started dabbing in controlling Macon/Links and Athens. S46 is fun aswell, final is extremely fun. I'm having this issue though where during an arrival push I'm handed off tons of planes with either not enough in trail wake turbulence separation or just not enough spacing in general (resulting in a boat load of deals lol). It makes controlling Miami TRACON and S46 a pain in the butt, when they do space things properly though, Miami Finals and Seattle Final is extremely fun to control.
snaxx45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snaxx45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:42am
Well, I'm working KABQ because I ain't brave enough to try the rest...Beer
hartleecub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:03pm
Is there a video showing handing off from a feeder to a final controller at ATL or MIA? I've been working ABQ too long and haven't done that yet.
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:38pm
I work mostly on 2 scenarios,  MIA South dep and arr combined or MIA North dep and arr combined, works a charm. Both East flow

Edited by hnorgaar - 27 Jun 2017 at 2:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic