ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Release Candidate Available!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:20am
Let's discuss keyboard commands for a moment .....

The scratchpad area is shown at the lower left side of your screen.  Anything you type will appear in this area.  It is cleared when you press Enter.  It is also automatically cleared after about 10 seconds.  The on-screen command menu is a set of buttons that place entries into the scratchpad for you.  You may have to relocate your flight strips or comm history window in order to see it.

Watch the scratchpad area when you are using the menu buttons.  If the scratchpad area isn't correct, then the command won't work.  Most common issue would be that the A/C callsign isn't in the scratchpad.  Another common issue is that you click on the aircraft, then click somewhere else for some other reason, which clears the scratchpad, and when you come back, the command is incomplete, and of course fails.

We have tested and tested and tested PD, and to the best of our knowledge, it IS working.

If you have an instance where the scratchpad is correct and the command is still not working, then please let us know, and provide the specifics.

Hope this helps

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Tomecatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomecatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 12:51pm
Hi Tom,

Well, .. I primarily use the Keyboard for ATCpro, .. with the occasional voice command(s). So, using the scratchpad area, .. clicking on the correct plane etc., .. is something I've been doing for hundreds of hours now. So, I very much doubt I've been doing it wrong for the past 3 months or so, .. and I very much doubt all the other keyboard commands, that I use, work fine .. and it's just that I seemingly only have a problem using PD, .. or, for that matter .. IK and RK, .. which don't work either.

PD is not working for me, .. and never has done .. no matter which way I try to enter it, or syntax I use.

If it's working for you guys, .. then something is not being updated properly with the updates, or your original build version, versus ours, was/is different, .. and the part that gets updated, does not include keyboard commands, ..  or something. I don't know Confused, .. all I know is, .. PD doesn't work.  Cry

Cheers
Tom

Edited by Tomecatt - 16 Apr 2016 at 1:11pm
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
ZLA_JB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZLA_JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 1:05pm
PD not working is a well known issue which has not been fixed.

Additionally playing MIA FXE still has the mismatch between runway 8 and runway 9 (the current published data is that runway 9 replaced 8 due to magnetic variation). As such FXE still has no approaches.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by mlovetto mlovetto wrote:

Can we get a fix for the VFR and IFR pilots in small Pistons going all the way up to 15+k feet cruise? Also, center is still a bit wonky about taking handoffs at the vertical limits of your airspace. And some pathing needs to be fixed. The pilots stop following their route after entering your sector.

We can limit the GA altitudes, but high alts are needed at ABQ.  Usually it is a calculated altitude based on flightplan distance.  The pilots stop following their route upon entering your sector because there are no routes inside the airspace.  Your job to control them to the airport.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ZLA_JB ZLA_JB wrote:

Using release candidate  1.1.12 the instructor is constantly harassing me for late hand-offs on aircraft which are on the ground requesting IFR, lowering my score of course. But more importantly he won't let up making it impossible to play since his voice interferes with the SR.

On related note is there a key command to issue clearances and releases. I'm having about a 40% success rate even when using the phraseology in the manual.

Will have to try to replicate the instructor issue.

Currrently there is no keyboard command for releases and clearances.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm
Tomecatt, and others:

There are entries in the log file that have meaning for us, and do not necessarily affect the sim.  With specific reference to  index out of range - We trap these errors, and deal with them, but include the documentation in the log file so that when we review the file, we know what happened and how to fix it.  It should not concern you that you see what appear to be errors in the log file.  There is more to this explanation, but it would probably put you to sleep.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:38pm
Ok, so, that's not correct. There are routes inside airspace. When I fly I am expected to self navigate to my destination, that means I don't fly arbitrary headings expecting ATC to vector me to my destination. You are always flying somewhere, direct to something, so, when an aircraft enters TRACON's airspace they are expecting you to fly to your destination, not just fly whatever heading you're on and have them baby you to the airport. 

A VFR example would be: "Birmingham approach, Cessna 19775 with you 3500." 
                                   ATC: "Cessna 19775, Birmingham approach, roger. Maintain VFR, report Bessemer in sight" 

They would not give me micro management headings to my destination. Even on IFR plans I can get "cleared direct" to waypoints or airports. They don't sit there and give me: "Ok, turn 10 left, turn 10 right, Bessemer is 12 o'clock..."  So flying a flight plan to an entry gate and then abandoning your navigation to the airport is not correct AT ALL. Now you will get vectored for an instrument approach and for a traffic pattern entry (VFR arrival to primary airport), but you are expected to at least proceed on your filed plan, even if it's direct to the airport after the entry gate. 

As far as limiting the altitudes, I mean, piston aircraft will fly those altitudes in ABQ, sure, but they would plan to fly around the mountains, especially if not pressurized and no oxygen on board. Also, a VFR flight (which we have no way of knowing who is VFR and who is IFR in the sim currently) can't fly above 17999 feet and they're routinely filed in the flight levels. I understand that you're saying there are limits and it's distance based, but I usually fly a Bonanza at 10k and below (even on IFR) on trips of 500-700nm. VFR flights should be even or odd altitudes plus 500 feet based on magnetic course heading and not in the flight levels.

I don't know where you got the information that "it's your job to get them to the airport" from, but that is absolutely incorrect.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:43pm
Also, in regards to high altitudes required at ABQ, a VFR aircraft is not subject to MVA altitudes as an IFR aircraft is. So technically, a VFR aircraft can typically fly as low as 2000ft under an MVA altitude as they're avoiding terrain on their own. They're navigating visually and can see the terrain. MVAs are for controllers vectoring IFR aircraft.
ZLA_JB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZLA_JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 7:15pm
I was using MCI in sandbox mode on Friday at 1103. Controlling 1N,1S and 1J in VFR South Flow the instructor immediately chides me for not handing off N2765V, an aircraft on the ground at LXT looking for an IFR clearance. This seems to be related to the fact that the departure positions in MCI have command over all the airspace.

Additionally tower asking for the same release every 60 seconds even when told to hold for release seems excessive, I imagine that the other controller wouldn't have time to be that persistent. It seems the timer for the follow up should be much longer. This applies to the IFR clearance request follow up as well.

I'm also noticing that when starting a session you may be faced with half a dozen or more requests.
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 9:23pm
We should also get more arrivals to TYS. GA aircraft can arrive and depart there as well. C172's, 182's. It'd just be nice to see more action at the primary airport. I know that the satellites are busy as well. Just a suggestion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic