ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-install Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-install Question
    Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 3:28pm
After a period of absence, I am returning to ATCpro. However, with a new computer, I have to re-install the main program as well as the v1.2 update. Unfortunately, I forget how I installed it in the first place.

I have my xxx.lic file, as well as the xxx.key file, and a key. However, other than email address and Company name, I don't see where I can enter my key. I've tried double-clicking on the .key file, but that opens up Notepad options.

Has anyone recently re-installed this program? Would appreciate your help. I AM a legitimate owner of the program since 2017.

Best regards,
Rick
Bizzy (Rick)
wheniwasinspace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheniwasinspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:12am
I'm not sure I understand. Do you only have the license files but not the installation program? Or do you need help with using the installer? 
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:37am
In answer to your question, I guess I'm having a problem with the installer. 

I have two ex files (1.9 and 2.0 I think), a licence file and a file extension ending in "?.key, as well as the actual key characters (xxxxx-xxxxx format). But when running the install exe file, you can enter your name, company name (if applicable) and that's it. No option to enter the key or direct the program to where the key file is located. So when I run the program, it tells me to run a licenced version.

Hopefully, the situation is a little clearer. Thanks for the response btw. 

Best regards, 
Rick
Bizzy (Rick)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheniwasinspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 8:24am
My installer is from 2018-12-24 and when I press "Click Here to Reinstall" I get straight to the menu where it is asking me to select the key file
or
login to flight1 to reinstall.

starts of by saying "Important: All products sold in the Flight1 Wrapper are no longer supported by Flight1. For reinstallation, the Key file method to reinstall is not supported. You must use the account method to reinstall.
"

So I guess then you need to do it connected to the internet and by logging in to flight1.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheniwasinspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 8:29am
Oh BTW.. If I remember correctly I had to do some kind of renewal or whatnot of the key from Flight1.com
From somewhere in the account pages.

But for the older version 1.9 I have no idea. I never had that :(
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 8:39am
Thanks again for the reply. I will have to reinstall Flight1 installer app and re-download the current install file for ATCPro. I'll let you know how I make out. However, with Xmas around the corner, it may be next week. Thanks again! 

Season's greetings! 

Rick
Bizzy (Rick)
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 4:37pm
Hi,

Download the latest flight1 agent. If you do not have an account then you'll need to create one using the same email you originally bought the game with. 

In the agent, go to Library at the top and you should see the game listed as ATCpro STARS Terminal Controller Simulation

Select that game

Click on the License Manager button on the right side of the screen
At the popup click refresh local license

When it is completed with that step then click the Download button and download the installer from them. Do *NOT* try to use the original download you had because it won't work. Well, it would not for me. It kept throwing an error.

Once it is downloaded just follow the steps as it performs the installation wizard. 

IMPORTANT: Do not alt-tab out while it is installing. That caused it to lock up on me. I had to run the installer from the flight1 agent again. 

I also can't verify it works. It wanted me to restart and I'm annoyed at this point and don't want to mess with it. If it gives me more errors it'll just piss me off even more than I already am. 

I hope this helps you.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 9:39pm
I am sorry. I thought I had posted my reply a week or so ago, but I don't see it on the forum.

At the suggestion of WhileIwasinSpace, I downloaded from the Flight1 site, and all installed perfectly. I didn't even have to enter my key.

Thanks for the reply. With the recent release of Tower Simulator 3, I enjoying a renewed interest in ATC sims again!  A short break from flight simming.
Bizzy (Rick)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic