ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real world weather working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eek111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:28am
Originally posted by crbascott crbascott wrote:

Originally posted by mlovetto mlovetto wrote:

I believe it's being worked on in this patch.

Dave didn't seem to indicate that four days ago.

I don't know if they were working on weather. It seemed to work most of the time.

I last successfully downloaded weather last Friday evening. A few hours later, in the wee hours of Saturday morning, download stopped working. It's been a week since it last worked. It would be great if we could get some word from the devs on this issue.

Buehler? Buehler?

Sim-Deck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim-Deck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:53am
The devs are not a massive team. At the moment I would think they are concentrating on getting the next beta sorted out, which you can imagine is a hell of a lot of work. Stuff like this is really secondary when you think about all the other issues they are dealing with. Give them a break jees.
Based in the UK. Passion for simulations. ATC-Flight-Combat Sims. Runner, Kayaker, Mountain Biker. My Sim Blog
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 3:47pm
WTH ? I asked a simple question...  No need to be rude 
Rgds

Paul
HercMighty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HercMighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm
Really unsure why the URL is hardcoded into the program, at least from what I can see it is. Not anything we can do, just have to wait. But agree be nice to know that the next release will have an update for this issue...
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:42am
Yes its no problem, sometimes a simple user edit can point the program to the server.  
Rgds

Paul
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:15am
All:

We are receiving mixed reports about real world weather.  Some say it is working fine, others are saying there is an issue with cloud cover.  How about some discussion here to lift the fog a bit (no pun intended).  Once we can identify the issue, we will fix it.

Regards
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
HercMighty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HercMighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:13pm
I get no real weather, get the waiting symbol for a moment but weather stays at user defined and metars.xml under \program data\flag mountain\atcpro\weather\ says 0 bytes, pressure, temperature, winds bin files all have old dates from 2014 for last date modified (I had tried a reinstall so assuming these are default files loaded from that). I do get what Windows says is a GZ file that updates with:

<head><body> This object may be found <a HREF="https://aviationweather.gov/adds/dataserver_current/current/metars.cache.xml.gz">here</a> </body>

Hope this helps.

Edited by HercMighty - 04 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm
crbascott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crbascott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:28pm
I experience the same real world weather results as HercMighty. 

The user generated weather works ok except for two issues:
  • I have had very little luck generating IFR conditions. I am only able to get IFR conditions in 1 out of 50 tries and only when I set the sky conditions to storms. 
  • Also, I noticed the knots slider moves several knots lower to where I set it when pressing the generate weather system button (selecting 40 resulted in 34, 34 resulted in 28, 28 to 22, 22 to 18, 18 to 14, 14 to 10, 10 to 6, 6 to 3, 3 to 1, 1 to 0).
I first reported the user generated weather issues to Thomas Main during the original beta test back in March 2016. 

paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Tom@FlagMountain Tom@FlagMountain wrote:

All:

We are receiving mixed reports about real world weather.  Some say it is working fine, others are saying there is an issue with cloud cover.  How about some discussion here to lift the fog a bit (no pun intended).  Once we can identify the issue, we will fix it.

Regards

I send you files or logs if it helps.  It worked 100% for a few days! But stopped.  User weather works ok. 
Rgds

Paul
pfaidley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfaidley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:18pm
For a workaround, consider getting r/w metar data from an accurate source like  https://aviationweather.gov/metar and then adjusting the manual weather settings.

I liked the r/w weather facility, but lets face it: It's not working; we dont know (really) why; it wont miraculously start working again (it might); the only alternative at the moment is to set your own weather.  OK, there isn't a cool representation of storm cells, but at least you can get winds/flow/CAV working.
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic