ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real world weather working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flacwby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real world weather working?
    Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:08am
I have just recently purchased ATCpro and am wondering is Real World Weather even working in this sim? That's one of the main differences between this and other ATC sims and I was keen to use it, but when I click it nothing changes.

I saw a bug report from 7 months ago but surely that's old and was resolved. Just wondering if there's some special trick to get it working.
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm
The real world NEXRAD display should be working. When you click on the Download Real Weather button on the Duty Desk it should update the NEXRAD display with current conditions. If there are clouds or weather systems when you run a scenario you should be able to see them on the radar scope if you click on the numbered WX buttons. If this is not working for you please take note of the time date and facility and let us know. I have had issues with the cloud cover altitude, visibility and wind direction being different when downloaded by ATCpro from current Metar reports. I am trying to document that sufficiently to confirm if there is a bug.
Best regards,
Dave

Edited by Dave @ Flag Mountain - 24 Feb 2018 at 3:57pm
ATCpro Project Team
flacwby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flacwby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 5:53pm
Thank you kindly. Maybe then I'm just not doing something correctly. I click the download real world weather, but the wind, speed, temps never changes. I know with user defined I have to click "Generate weather" after I set my conditions. Do I need to do something after clicking download realtime weather?

BTW the current type says "user generated weather" no matter what I click or do. 

Edited by flacwby - 24 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
eek111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eek111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:04pm
Real world weather download is not working. Either the server is down, or they've changed the format again.

When you click download, it says "updating" for about 2 seconds, then stops. Weather is not updated.

It was working fine before today.
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 4:11am
No real weather here either 

Rgds
Rgds

Paul
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:30pm
Any update on the weather server ? 
Rgds

Paul
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 5:40pm
I believe it's being worked on in this patch.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
crbascott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crbascott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by mlovetto mlovetto wrote:

I believe it's being worked on in this patch.

Dave didn't seem to indicate that four days ago.
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 4:37am
My weather update was working fine, but no longer works 
Rgds

Paul
paulpdh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpdh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 3:24pm
Is there a line in a text file I can change to alter the weather to the correct server ? 
Rgds

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic