ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for Developers (Fairly long, use caution)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Developers (Fairly long, use caution)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Developers (Fairly long, use caution)
    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 8:35am
Why is it when one takes manual control of the scope the AI traffic and controllers lose their blanking minds and suddenly do things nearly completely opposite of what they were doing when they were in charge of everything?

Submit for evidence:

1. When all scopes are under AI controllers climbs are limited to the top of their airspace (i.e. they never let their departures conflict with their arrivals via alt.). The minute I take over any sector they immediately start climbing them to the top of their/my airspace (i.e. right into the arriving traffic flow). This is bad enough but I cannot request they do not do this unless I take over their station too.

2. AI pilot/aircraft performance and response changes significantly. Again when I take over control of a sector the AI do not climb/descend at the same rates as when under AI control. Their speeds are often different than when under AI control.

3. AI pilots lose ability to follow SID's/STAR's. Arriving aircraft reach a turn to base on a STAR and continue to fly on present heading until told to turn manually. Again, I have yet to see this happen when everything is under AI control.

4. When handing off to final the AI Approach controllers give them a decent to final alt. but never turn them to intercept final. The AI pilots continue to fly straight and level on the base coarse. Or if they do turn the onto final the AI pilot goes around every time without giving a reason why.

I can't confirm this but I seem to have noticed that the first ac that I control (ones that were given initial clearance and instructions by the AI) after taking over seem to have no issues all the way thru to landing. Thing go haywire starting with the first group I take over, hey wait maybe it's not the AI after all ShockedLOL

All of the above is at ATL, not sure if I want to mess with another airport as it is starting to get frustrating. 

I have made sure I am giving the commands exactly as the AI and the AI do read back correctly. The only major difference is when the commands take place naturally. It seems as if the AI routes are hard-coded to exact locations and command sequences. Anything outside of that screws them up.

I see videos of folks controlling ATL and they do not seem to have these issues so maybe it is something I am doing wrong or not right, don't really know. Without MP getting one-on-one experience for those that obviously know what the heck is going on ain't gonna happen.  

As their is no definitive word on support I am sadly giving up on this sim as it is completely unplayable in the current state or my current proficiency.

Thanks for giving it a go, I appreciate the effort. I'll keep checking in from time to time and maybe get back into it if the update is released.

Out.
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 3:47pm
Hi there

I can give you an answer for some of your points, but I dont think you will understand, but i give a go.

1. I think you are wrong about that

3. Aircraft will follow their path until the point where there are different ways to go according to charts for different runways, meaning the STAR arrivals stop at the point where you split vectors for different runways and will follow the course they are on, thats because the program dosnt work connecting the path from there to the final app point, they should fix that.

4. I dont know why, but when you are turning aircraft from base to final, you should give them an interception course with max 30 degrees BEFORE handing them over to next controller, if you are less than ABOUT 15 miles from the runway, that dosnt matter and you can hand them over on to the next controller on the final base heading

My 5 cents

Henrik
JoeControler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:46am
Thanks for the replay, this retard appreciates it Wink.

1. I am not wrong about 1. There is no consistency as far as AI Departures limiting climbs to at or below the floor of surrounding airspace when controlling Approaches (at least at ATL). The floor of 1Y is 11,000, I cannot descend lower without being dinged. 9 times out of 10 Departure gives a 'Climb unrestricted, maintain 14,000'. About 10 or 15 sec later they hand off to Center. Net result I have an AC that is reaching 11,000 just about the time one of my arrivals is intersecting his outbound coarse. Every so often the stop them at 10,000 until the airspace allows. If do do this exact same thing I get b!$#@W at by the instructor. On a related note I just watched 2 AI controllers put 2 AC at .25 mile separation and about 100 ft vertical and heard nothing, not even a CA alarm. Please do not tell me there is not a MAJOR difference between what AI can and can't do vs what we are required to abide by.

3. Again, I do understand different SID/STAR transition points. That is not the problem. The problem is that under full AI control the inbound traffic ALWAYS makes the base turn without command. Again, if I am controlling I must give a verbal command to make this happen about half the time. The question is why? If AI to AI can do it why does it change when it is User to AI?

4. I am giving the exact same commands as AI at as near exactly the same location as AI with drastically different outcomes vs. AI to AI. The only difference is I do not and cannot give them at EXACTLY the same location (see 1 and 3 above).

This is not a (true) rant about the sim, rather honest feedback of my experiences. There are major issues and I do hope they are resolved. Until or unless that takes place and am playing less and less out of frustration.

Thanks again and I hope you understand Wink.

Edited by JoeControler - 02 Aug 2018 at 9:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic