ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Voice recognition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Voice recognition
    Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 2:50am
I am German and have a German accent on English pronunciation, so now I have the problem that words like Airport or Runway are not recognized, even though they recognize other speech recognition programs. The same problem I have every now and then with numbers, e.g. He makes it from Flight Level One Zero Zero to Flight Level Zero One Zero.

Hope you understand what I mean and can help me.
ndsamuelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndsamuelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:37am
The only thing that I've found helps with my own speech recognition is to try to maintain a faster speech pattern. It's made for ATC-style speech which is typically much faster than you would normally talk. Aside from that, you could try looking at the pronunciation file to help you see what it's looking for. Not much help I know, but it's what I've got. Hehe!
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Ricardo:

I don't know what to suggest.  The audio model in the speech engine is tuned a bit more for English, and so I can understand that you may be having difficulty given your German accent.  As Nic pointed out, do not slow down your rate of speech, and do not speak exceptionally fast either.  Enunciate as best you can.  There is no way to "train" the SR.  You can use keyboard commands for most things, so you might try that.  If you like, you can make a couple of audio clips (Audacity is a free recording program), and I will send them on to the engineers at Verbyx and see if they have any suggestions. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.  If you find something that gives good recognition, please share the information.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
pilot_ngb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot_ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 6:22pm
If you are using a cheap MIC then consider buying a better one. This helped me. I also found talking fast helped.
FAA Private Pilot. Logged ASEL/ASES hours in US (AZ, OR, CA & WA), UK and Ireland. Passion for #ATC #Aviation #Hockey #Golf.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:46pm
I have been using a Microsoft LifeChat LX-4000 headset since the beginning of development of ATCpro.  Very pleased with it, not expensive, and highly recommended.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Schnensch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnensch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:17am
I'm also having trouble with the voice recognition. The Mircosoft recognition works preaty much flawlessly in Tracon 2012, but I have to repeat myself 15 times to even get them it to understand "Radar Contact". I use a Blue Snowball mic and even bought a H390 headset, so it must be me talking like a moron. It jsut get's very frustating.

Edit: I'm going to keep trying as it turns out its sometimes working. 

Edited by Schnensch - 09 Feb 2018 at 11:28am
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
Speak at a slightly faster speed than normal American speech. So don't talk real slowly like you are talking to someone who is hard of hearing, but don't talk as fast as they do at the end of a commercial when they are trying to tell you all the terms and conditions and legal mumbo jumbo in as fast a pace as possible. 

Watch one of the videos by deltamike, you'll get a sense of the pace I mean. Links to his videos are somewhere on the forums. I also learned a lot just by how he handles the planes and traffic. 

Here, I found the link to the post. 

Edited by Stooge - 09 Feb 2018 at 1:24pm
digitalmarks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitalmarks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 1:41pm
I was experiencing issues for a while and determined background noise to be the culprit. Even a TV on low volume was problematic.

Cheers,
Dave
Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:10am
Hello Ricardo, could you be helped now? Does speech recognition work with your German accent?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic