Forum Description: Official Support for ATC Pro
URL: http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=771
Printed Date: 24 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Custom traffic
Posted By: mofmtl
Subject: Custom traffic
Date Posted: 06 May 2020 at 9:20am
How do I create a custom traffic list for ABQ?

Replies:
Posted By: wheniwasinspace
Date Posted: 08 May 2020 at 1:03am
Go to the folder
%ProgramData%\Flag Mountain\ATCpro\Facilities\ABQ

"custom.db" is the file you are looking for.

You'll need an editor for SQLite. There are about a gazillion tools out there.
My personal favourite is "DB Browser for SQLite"  https://sqlitebrowser.org/" rel="nofollow - https://sqlitebrowser.org/  

You can take a look in the other .db-files in that folder to see how the information is supposed to look.
The trickiest bit is the times. These are in minutes passed since the week started
(I don't rememeber on the top of my head if they use Sunday or Monday as the first day)
But basically time "0" is at midnight on the first day, and  1440(60*24) is midnight the next day, etc etc...

Andrew did a nice guide on edits(not schedules though, but if you aren't already familiar with SQL edits I'd recommend watching it anyways)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbS04x-JMU&list=UUwr3RA9AXjcCD3QMjE5G1Ng&index=5&t=0s" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbS04x-JMU&list=UUwr3RA9AXjcCD3QMjE5G1Ng&index=5&t=0s

regards,
Alexander

Date Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:31pm
will try. Thank you for the info

Date Posted: 10 May 2020 at 2:22pm
What are the DB fields please?
dICAO
dLocal
dUTC
aICAO
aLocal
aUTC

Date Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:06pm
and 
loadUTC

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 7:29am
dICAO=departure airport icao code
dLocal=departure time in local time
dUTC=departure time in UTC

a=same but arrival

The load time I'm not sure about. I'm guessing it the time when the Sim should load the plane into memory.
What I did when creating customs was to look in the schedule files that comes with the game and set my load times to have about the same offset as they did between load and arrival/dep.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:58am
Ok, thanks.
But why is there an arrival and a departure field?

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:51am
Wise guy answer: If you board a 737 don't you want it to fly somewhere? ;P

Real answer: the Sim routes the planes as they would likely by routed IRL.
You'd expect planes arriving from Arizona and Texas to enter Albuquerque tracon from different sides of your radar screens.

Likewise. Planes departing KABQ will be given a a SID and/or exit fix depending on destination.

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:18am
I understand that.
But I am still not very clear on how to fill in all the fields in the Custom DB. 
Is there a specific time sequence they all require? 
Are some arrivals only and others departures only?
Why separate fields for local, UTC, and load?

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:19am
It would seem Monday is the 1st day of the week in the game

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:45am
Did you get an added plane to show up?
Good job!

Out of curiosity. Any chance the schedule you are creating is an IRL based schedule? If so where do you get the raw data and do you mind sharing the file once it's done?

regards,
Alexander

Posted By: Sath_99
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:49pm
http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/custom-flight-schedules_topic386_page1.html?KW=custom+traffic" rel="nofollow - Check out this post from Andrew

http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/custom-flight-schedules_topic386_page1.html?KW=custom+traffic

"I thought I would start a thread on creating custom flight schedules. As this is something that took me a while to figure out it might be worth having a discussion about. I made some instructions on how to do so below for an other user and figured I might as well post them! Please correct anything I've got wrong. Below is my method that seems to work.

First thing you'll need to do is download SQLite. http://sqliteexpert.com/

Then you'll need to find the file that has the traffic for that particular airport. Go to Program Data  > Flag Mountian > ATCpro > Facilities > ABQ

There you will see a bunch of files, open the one titled custom.db with SQLite Expert.

This is where you can create the custom fights.

rowid and id just need to be numbers. For the first one just start with row id = 1 and id= 0, and then count up from there as you ad flights

carrier is the airline code. You can see all the available airline codes under the universal tab on the side under callsigns

fltnum is the flight number. I think it can be anything up to 4 digits  

equip  is the aircraft type. you can find all the different aircraft types under the universal tab on the side under aircraft. Make sure you use the IATA name for the aircraft!

dICAO is the departure location airport code

dLocal is the local time the aircraft departs. Note: this time has to be in minutes from Sunday at midnight (I believe). Meaning that if you wanted to have an aircraft depart somewhere at 6 am on Sunday the local time would be 360 (6 hours past midnight).

dUTC is the universal time that the aircraft departs. Depending on time zone this will vary. For example when I make departures off the west coast I take the local time and add 480 minutes (8 hours). I don't know how much it matters if the difference between local time and UTC time is correct or not. So you may be able to just put anything there.

aICAO is the arrival airports code. In this case it would be KABQ.

aLocal now we're getting to the important stuff. When do you want your arrival to show up? This again is in minutes from sunday at midnight. I figured out that 2000 is right around 9 am on Tuesday. So I just started there and built flights for the whole day.

aUTC is the universal time the aircraft arrives. Local plus 420 minutes for ABQ seems to be working.

loadUTC not 100% sure what this is, just make it a UTC time that is before the aircraft departs and it will work.

overflight ID again don't know what this is. Just type (null) with the brackets and lowercase.

numApproach just put a zero '0'

Here's an example of some custom flights I've built: (link to an image)
https://puu.sh/tfqSv/ed05549493.png

You can also open up the 'schedule' file for the facility with SQLite and see the existing airline schedule and edit those flights or look at examples.

So far I have only been able to make it work for airline flights, not GA. If anyone knows how to do GA flights please let me know!

Andrew"

Date Posted: 12 May 2020 at 3:45pm
Thanks.
I'll give it a try.

Date Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:26am
Alright, it took a very long time and a lot of work but I created a custom DB for arrivals only into ABQ. It spans each weekday (Monday to Friday only) from roughly 08:00 to 20:00 local. This DB has almost 900 new entries and is a re-write of the schedule.db file for ABQ, all with unique flight numbers and operating times. It has also been thoroughly cross-checked for errors with excel. It appears to be opening in the game program with no pop-up errors.

Date Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:40am
Good job mofmtl. Any chance you will share that update with us?

regards,
Alexander

Date Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:45pm
No problem!
The question is how?

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
I updated the custom DB for arrivals and departures in ABQ. It spans each weekday (Monday to Friday only for arrivals, full week for departures) from roughly 08:00 to 20:00 local. This DB has over 1200 new arrivals and 600 new departures.  It is a re-write of the schedule.db file for ABQ, all with unique flight numbers and operating times. It has also been thoroughly cross-checked for errors with excel. It appears to be opening in the game program with no pop-up errors.

I would be happy to share the SQLite DB file if anyone wants it.

Posted By: RB9iHsNpy5uD
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:07pm
mofmtl,
PM sent.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by mofmtl mofmtl wrote:

PM sent

Posted By: blublub
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 5:48am

PM sent.

-------------
---------
Best regards
Jeronimo

Posted By: RB9iHsNpy5uD
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 8:24pm
mofmtl,
I just ran your custom ABQ DB and experienced no issues.  I controlled N / S using 100% custom and 100% GA and it was very busy.  Thanks and Well Done!

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:03am

Alright, it took a very long time and a lot of work but I created a custom DB for arrivals only into ABQ. .

Works perfectly, thanks for the update.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm
My pleasure.  Enjoy!

Posted By: JimOrlando
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 2:57pm
Attempting to create a new Custom db. I tried adding an airline (CSB, 21 AIR) to the Callsign db then adding a flight for that airline to the Custom db and got a fatal speech engine error. After many restart attempts trying various "fixes", I finally had to uninstall and reinstall.

Did I miss something or is there no way to add a new airline?

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:45am
Hi Jim!

I have no audio at the moment so I couldn't test if it actually works to call/be called but I did get the aircraft to show up on radar without crashing.

Accomplished it by having CSB = "TWENTY ONE AIR" rather than "21 air".
Guess it's allergic to numbers!

Should you get crashes again while experimenting you can check

C:\ProgramData\Flag Mountain\ATCpro\Speech\DynamicRules\DynamicRadarAircraftsImpl.txt

It will have the faulty aircraft it in (21 air for example). A quick edit of the text file and ATCPro will start again :)

regards,
Alexander

Posted By: JimOrlando
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:04am
That worked. Thanks for the info. I had actually added a few other airlines with it so I hadn't zeroed in on that particular one. And after the crash I was a bit reluctant to try again. Thanks for the heads up on the file, too.

Posted By: bill3810
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 10:52am
I had started designing a program that would allow you to create custom traffic from flight view and quickly import and update the custom traffic database and got it working just fine.  Then I started looking at all of the other things such as creating and editing airlines procedures and other things but got busy at work and let it slide.  Here's a link of what I had come up with at the time.  Of course you can do this with a spreadsheet but this was a stand alone program.

Not sure if there is much activity with ATC Pro anymore or there would be any interest in something like this.   If so I would need to dig it up and run through the code again and make sure it's useable.  I did this several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ade6LP9aAU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ade6LP9aAU

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by bill3810 bill3810 wrote:

Not sure if there is much activity with ATC Pro anymore or there would be any interest in something like this.   

Wow, I'm definitely interested in this program! 
It is certainly a good reason to pick up ATCpro again!

Posted By: Raad
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:14am

I had started designing a program that would allow you to create custom traffic from flight view and quickly import and update the custom traffic database and got it working just fine.  Then I started looking at all of the other things such as creating and editing airlines procedures and other things but got busy at work and let it slide.  Here's a link of what I had come up with at the time.  Of course you can do this with a spreadsheet but this was a stand alone program.

Not sure if there is much activity with ATC Pro anymore or there would be any interest in something like this.   If so I would need to dig it up and run through the code again and make sure it's useable.  I did this several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ade6LP9aAU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ade6LP9aAU

Great job, thank you, and this gives a new refreshment and more challengeĜ²

Raad.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:53am
I was able to dig up the old code and found the advanced version I was working on as well.  This version would allow you not only to update the custom flight schedule but update the core database such as procedures, airports etc.  So you could go in and fix procedures such as crossing altitudes, speeds etc...  Unfortunately you can't add a procedure because flight paths and some other things seem to be hard coded

It's been a few years, so not only will I need to run through the code again I will need to re-familiarize myself with the ATCPro Database structure.

Once I get it finished I'll make it available to anyone that wants it. 

Will be a good way to get involved with programming again, a hobby that seems to go to the bottom of the priority list when things get busy :-(

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:34pm
I guess since I'm digging into this again, we might want to get some ideas of what folks are looking for in addition to basic RW flight schedule Importing.

Here is a list of things I was working on when I was initially developing the schedule importer.

1.)  Basic Flight Importing from Flight Aware (other sources if needed).
2.)  Flights that didn't import due to airports, aircraft, routes, etc not being in the ATC Pro Databases, the user could then make substitutions or create those items that were missing and import them into the applicable database.
3.)  If the users chooses to substitute, (i.e.  No 737 Max in DB so user substitutes 737-900) then in the future that substitution would automatically be selected for future importations.
4.)  Ability to make allowable modifications to procedures to bring them up to date with current procedures (ARR/DEP) within the limitations of ATC Pro
5.)  Keep a record of imported flights (new flights imported that already have a matching flight number in the DB would overwrite the old), allowing users to pull flights from that database to create unique scenarios (i.e. massive amounts of traffic compared to what might really happen RW), or a steady flow of traffic (1 arrival every 2 minutes etc..), pretty much anything that can be thought of, certain arrivals to practice a certain sector etc...

These are just some of the things I was working on at the time, if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Disclaimer of course is within the limitations of ATC Pro, some ideas may not work in the end but willing to give it a go.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 4:19pm

This version would allow you not only to update the custom flight schedule but update the core database such as procedures, airports etc.  So you could go in and fix procedures such as crossing altitudes, speeds etc...  

That would be great too !

Are you referring to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbS04x-JMU" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbS04x-JMU in which SIDS and STARS are being modified ?

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm
If he's modifying speed and altitude constraints then yes, the software I have now does that but I wanted to make the interface more user friendly.

Pretty much anything you can manually change in the database and ATC Pro won't complain about when you run it, I will make available in the program.  The nice thing is you won't have to go searching through 5 different DB.  Make one search entry for an airport and all the procedures are displayed. Select a runway and it filters it for that runway, then procedure etc etc... 

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 8:43am

Unfortunately you can't add a procedure because flight paths and some other things seem to be hard coded

Unfortunate. 
It would have been nice to be able to add new procedures like SIDS and STARS but unfortunately ....

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:58pm
Yes I agree with you.

I've started coding today, it seems starting from scratch is the best approach rather than going through all the code from before.

Really won't take that long for a simple importer.  Once it's ready I can get that out to those that want to use it and start importing flight data.  From there I will continue with an advanced version which will include the ability to modify the core databases and adjust procedure's within the limitations of ATC Pro.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:02am

These are just some of the things I was working on at the time, if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Disclaimer of course is within the limitations of ATC Pro, some ideas may not work in the end but willing to give it a go.

Maybe the possibility to generate flights?
Suppose, for example, you want to control Columbus High and Low and generate some air traffic movement from several (small) airports.
A way of learning the sector(s).

Posted By: TDW
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 5:57am
Long time ago that I logged in. Great to see that you took the time and effort to create  something for ATC-pro so we can pick it up.

Count me in ! ATC pro is to good to be forgotten.

I am not a coder or something in IT but if there is something I can do to help you with the programming just let me know.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 7:13am

Yes I agree with you.

I've started coding today, it seems starting from scratch is the best approach rather than going through all the code from before.

@bill3810: any news on the developement ?

Posted By: jimapp
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm
Very impressive!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net