ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Datablock Position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhallanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Datablock Position
    Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 1:27pm
I'm using the NUM KEYPAD to move datablock but seems to be inverted.  For example to move a datablock to the NW position on my keypad should be a 7, but in the game it requires a "3" keystroke on the NUMPAD.

If I hit "7" it puts the Datablock in the Southwest position.

Logically if I'd want position datablock for South it would seem logical to hit "2" on keypad (the bottom of a NUMPAD on a keyboard).  Instead it requires an input of "8" which is at the top of my keyboard - (seems like "8" logically should be North or 12 o'clock position.)

My keyboard looks like this:

Did the programmers keypad look like this instead? 

Edited by Rhallanger - 15 Dec 2018 at 1:30pm
Aryto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aryto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:03pm
Yeah this is an easy fix: on the main program window go to the "Program Settings" tab, then on the left click the "Game Options" button. The 2nd setting can be changed to invert your numpad. (see screenshot)

Also just for fun, here is a real STARS terminal keyboard and you notice they do indeed start with 1 at the top left!

SabreN86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreN86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:10pm
Wow. Since we're getting down to the finer points of a real Tracon item, the real question becomes which way are the toilet paper rolls installed in the restroom? Flap over in front or down under in the back. This is Critical To Aviation Safety. ConfusedConfusedConfused
bigbob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic