ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KMCI-altitude error on departure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabnpmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KMCI-altitude error on departure
    Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:38pm
I am trying my hand on Kansas City, just doing North Flow, both East and West Departures (I let the AI do all arrivals).

Had a commuter depart for the LAKES8 departure, and I soon cleared him up to 10000.  The 'instructor' busted me with the altitude airspace error (I don't know the exact wording verbatim).  Anyway, I printed off the Airspace Delegation for North Flow East and West Departure and it says SFC-150.  Why would I get busted soon after the commuter departing MCI for having him climb to 10000?  Where is the 'restriction' I should be aware of in the diagrams for North flow departures at KMCI?

All in all, I just love this 'sim'.  
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 10:36pm
There are unfortunately numerous issues with KMCI from aircraft going to the wrong exit, busting airspace and planes controlled by the West departure going through the East airspace.  The only successful sessions that I have seen have been with the controller operating all sectors so they don't have to deal with the AI.  There are also multiple issues with busted airspace at KATL (A80), KMIA, and KSEA (S46) and airplanes descending to altitude 0 which is a major issue at KABQ.  We have been waiting for the next update Build 21 which we all hope will resolve these issues.  I was hoping Tom@FlagMountain would release some information on what has been fixed in Build 21 besides the updated speech engine and some database fixes for S46 and A80.  Information on Build 21 is here:  http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/atcpro-build-21_topic635.html.  In another post about KMCI, there were comments about doing some fixes for KMCI but additional issues were found:  http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/kmci-fix-or-fold_topic655.html.  

I don't want to come across putting this sim or the developer down because it has great potential and by far the best sim out there right now for a Tracon simulator but unfortunately the current version has quite a number of bugs.

Edited by VenturaGuy101 - 09 Oct 2018 at 11:45pm
rabnpmb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabnpmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:40am
Thanks for the reply.  Could it be because I climbed him higher as he was passing through the Feeder airspace?  I don't have the feeder North flow diagram in front of me, but I think it had something like 7000 feet in that area that I told the departing commuter to climb to 10000.
Daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
This seems to be the same issue I was having with the ATL departures.

AI does give clear them to 14000ft, but when I do that I get the violation which is correct because my airspace ends at 10000ft, untill further north where it is up to 14000ft.

I do wonder whether in real life they get an altitude from departure at all. They are on a SID/RNAV departure. Looking at the current airspaces around KATL and the current procedures, the whole area now has an upper limit of 12500 ft, but all departure procedures basically say climb quickly to 10000ft, maintain 250kts, expect cruise altitude after 10 minutes, by then they probably are with center already.

Edit: Just listened to live atc, departures of runway 8 do stay at 10000ft untill they have crossed the path of the planes coming in from the NE towards the feeder, then get assigned 14000.

Edited by Daniel - 10 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
rabnpmb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabnpmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
It looks like KMCI may be fixed in the next patch.  Do the developers have ANY idea on when that may be?  I am having alot of fun with Kansas City, even ignoring the 'drill instructor' for now.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm
KMCI is being heavily reworked for the next release.  Don't have an exact date yet, but keep watching and we will post when it is ready.

REgards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
rabnpmb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabnpmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Tom@FlagMountain Tom@FlagMountain wrote:

KMCI is being heavily reworked for the next release.  Don't have an exact date yet, but keep watching and we will post when it is ready.

REgards

Thanks, Tom.  I am enjoying the heck out of this.  Since I am in MO and have flown out of MCI many times, I'm kinda partial to it.  ATL and MIA look WAY out of my league.

(I wouldn't mind STL  Wink...did my Instrument training at SUS and flew many approaches to the area airports, including a few at STL)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic