ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues at the beginning of shift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom_737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues at the beginning of shift
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:49pm
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and a new user of ATCPro. However I'm not new to aviation or the controlling world. I'm an Airline Pilot and my wife is an Air Traffic Controller.

I'd like to start off by saying the sim is amazing! It's got to be the best TRACON sim out there. So far my impressions are excellent!

However I've had a few issues here and there at the very beginning of some scenarios. I've started a scenario recently and as soon as it loaded was immediately dinged some points for an airplane that had a LA alert going off and at the same time an airplane had apparently made its way 30+ miles or so out of the airspace without getting handed off. Obviously I can't do anything about those airplanes since I just started. Then after ignoring/fixing those issues, I accepted a handoff from Center and was dinged again and told I needed to hand off the airplane because he was outside my airspace. Is there any way to avoid these issues?? This was all at ABQ just FYI. 

I've also started a few sessions and had airplanes in my sector I had no control over, and they eventually will just fly their way out of the airspace and disappear. I've also had an airplane at the beginning of a shift that was previously cleared for an approach (visual or instrument) and they just ending up flying straight on my scope. If I try correcting their course they just tell me they're already cleared for the approach and continue on until they either disappear off my scope or leave the airspace.

Additionally real world weather appears broken at this time. At least for ABQ. I haven't tried any other sectors yet. Voice recognition can be quirky at times but the voice recognition the FAA uses in their sims is equally as quirky so thats not too big of an issue. (I think ATCPro may use the same vendor actually for voice recognition as the FAA)

Overall the sim is great and I will submit more detailed bug reports as I find them. Great job with this sim. I hope more sectors are going to be added in the future!  

Edited by Phantom_737 - 08 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 7:13pm
Phantom:

Please tell me the session day of the week and start time for your session.  Possibly a known bug which will be fixed in the next release, but maybe something else.  Need to investigate.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 7:41pm
Phantom 737,
Welcome to the Forum and ATCpro!

As a workaround for aircraft that aren't behaving normally you can delete them by slewing with the Mouse wheel (see this post: http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/deleting-target_topic598_post3663.html?KW=#3663 )

Please let us know any problems you run across.
Thanks,
Dave

Edited by Dave @ Flag Mountain - 08 Sep 2018 at 7:42pm
ATCpro Project Team
Phantom_737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom_737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Tom@FlagMountain Tom@FlagMountain wrote:

Phantom:

Please tell me the session day of the week and start time for your session.  Possibly a known bug which will be fixed in the next release, but maybe something else.  Need to investigate.

Regards

Tom

Hey there Tom. 

I'll try and replicate the day and time. I actually didn't note which day and time it was but I have a good idea of when the issue occurred. If I can replicate the issue I will certainly send you a PM with the information. I'll get back to you on this tomorrow some time.
Phantom_737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom_737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Dave @ Flag Mountain Dave @ Flag Mountain wrote:

Phantom 737,
Welcome to the Forum and ATCpro!

As a workaround for aircraft that aren't behaving normally you can delete them by slewing with the Mouse wheel (see this post: http://atcpro.flight1.net/forums/deleting-target_topic598_post3663.html?KW=#3663 )

Please let us know any problems you run across.
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the tip Dave. 

I tried doing a quick search to see if I could delete the aircraft but I just ended up routing the other planes around the problem child. Which wasn't hard as he was only at 6,300FT. 
thegreatgypsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreatgypsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:47pm
I was having similar issues at MIA N sector, North Feeder. Center wouldn't handoff descents from the Hiley arrival, and they would fly the rest of their STAR at 16,000 entirely under Center control. This was on a Saturday (yesterday) between 1500 and 1600. This happened for multiple tries.

My North Departure controller apparently walked out for a smoke break too during one of these tries, and not a single plane was assigned to D sector. Other sectors would be running departures (including V) and anything without a sector just had a squawk code and altitude (even with Quick Look). This part only happened once.

Oddly, both of these issues seemed to happen after I loaded scenarios with moderate precipitation. May be unrelated, but passing on any info I could

Edited by thegreatgypsy - 09 Sep 2018 at 10:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic