ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ILS Approach Clearance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILS Approach Clearance
    Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:03am
i always found difficulty in approach clearance ether by confirm the runway in use by the pilot or never got the clearance, unlike visual Approach always clear to understand,
i tried all the methods No help , any modification or editing could help .

Regards

Raad
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
I always recognize the arriving aircraft by giving :Radar Contact" followed by "Expect runway XX".  I give altitude and vector directions and then once the aircraft is within 1 minute of intersecting the approach line (Dashed Line), at about 30 degrees, I give "Clear IFR approach runway XX."  I always get a confirmation from the aircraft.  As I vector the aircraft, it shows visual approach, but the game will allow you to switch to IFR approach.
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:10pm
So you mean in order to clear an aircraft for ILS Approach I should switch the game to IFR ? How can I do that ?
VenturaGuy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaGuy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:21pm
Sample calls to aircraft after airliner XXX1234 contracts approach  Example for ILS to runway 9
XXX1234 Radar Contact.  Expect Runway Niner
XXX1234 Trun Right 180 Descend to 9000 
XXX1234 Turn Left 120 Decend to 7000
XXX1234 Clear ILS Approach to Runway Niner
XXX1234 Contact Tower on XXX.XX

I get confirmation from the aircraft that confirms they are doing IFR approach.  DO this at further distance that the normal "Report Airport in Sight" command.  I usually do it at 15+ miles from the airport.

Edited by VenturaGuy101 - 12 Sep 2018 at 12:22pm
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:13pm
Thanks for explanation, but for more clarification I would like to know it’s possible to issue a comand such as

***123 turn right heading *** clear ILS Approach runway 27L .

This were always the system didn’t recognize that call ,

But I have no problem with saying

***123 turn right heading *** to join the loc for runway 27L

Is there any editing will help
JoeControler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeControler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:38pm
Raad, I usually have no issues with giving a turn command followed by cleared for.

Example:

SWA1800 Turn left heading 210, Cleared for the ILS Runway 9(er).

I always include the '....for the...' portion. Not sure if it is necessary but saying it exactly this way works for me so I do it the same way every time.

It took some practice for me to say it without pauses, I did notice that they can sometimes cause problems.

Could the problem be that you are giving the command correctly but due to sound or mic issues the sim is not 'hearing' it correctly?

Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
Raad:

The correct (FAA) command syntax is:

SWA1880 turn left heading 2 1 0  cleared I L S runway 8 approach.

Try that.

Regards

Tom

Edited by Tom@FlagMountain - 12 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:02pm
Thanks Joe , it recognizes it very will once I add (FOR THE )

I agree with Tom the correct sentence to say it with out adding ( FOR THE) and that’s what I was doing since I Start the sim , no help . But once I add (FOR THE ) as joe suggest it accept the Approach clearance..
Als I noticed in YouTube video for Andrew using edit technique saying
( DAL 12 turn left heading 110 cleared ILS Approach runway 08L maintain 4000 )
Which is not the correct FAA as I used everyday but would you kindly let me know how could I do such a change in the files

But also I have 3 A major problem floundering aircraft sequence because no time to correct the mistakes on the final

1- I clear the aircraft for runway ILS runway 26R , then I get answers (was that for runway 26L DAL 1518 ) what should I say at that second, negative or what?

2- some time when I said turn right heading *** , surpassingly I found the aircraft turning left.

3- DAL1622 contact ATL tower 119.5 , I get the answer DAL1622 is already cleared for the Approach.

Any solution to overcome this issue.

Best regards

Raad
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:59pm
Hello everyone.

If most of the voice recognition are recognizable if's not all . But with exiption of to most important to me .

1- clear for the ILS Approach . I am saying the correct command but what I get either
Say again or confirm direct to ****

2- with a turn right command aircraft turns left most of the time.,

Is there a report for such a problem not to recognize some of the command.,
And is there any way possible that we can train the command file to overcome some Some of unrecognizable words
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:58pm
Hi Raad
A couple of thing that helped me
1. Speak fast
2. "Cleared for the ILS approach for RWY 26L"

Henrik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic