ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:34pm
I guess since I'm digging into this again, we might want to get some ideas of what folks are looking for in addition to basic RW flight schedule Importing.

Here is a list of things I was working on when I was initially developing the schedule importer.

1.)  Basic Flight Importing from Flight Aware (other sources if needed).
2.)  Flights that didn't import due to airports, aircraft, routes, etc not being in the ATC Pro Databases, the user could then make substitutions or create those items that were missing and import them into the applicable database.
3.)  If the users chooses to substitute, (i.e.  No 737 Max in DB so user substitutes 737-900) then in the future that substitution would automatically be selected for future importations.
4.)  Ability to make allowable modifications to procedures to bring them up to date with current procedures (ARR/DEP) within the limitations of ATC Pro
5.)  Keep a record of imported flights (new flights imported that already have a matching flight number in the DB would overwrite the old), allowing users to pull flights from that database to create unique scenarios (i.e. massive amounts of traffic compared to what might really happen RW), or a steady flow of traffic (1 arrival every 2 minutes etc..), pretty much anything that can be thought of, certain arrivals to practice a certain sector etc...

These are just some of the things I was working on at the time, if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Disclaimer of course is within the limitations of ATC Pro, some ideas may not work in the end but willing to give it a go.

Edited by bill3810 - 06 Aug 2021 at 8:38pm
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by bill3810 bill3810 wrote:

This version would allow you not only to update the custom flight schedule but update the core database such as procedures, airports etc.  So you could go in and fix procedures such as crossing altitudes, speeds etc...  

That would be great too !

Are you referring to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbS04x-JMU in which SIDS and STARS are being modified ?

Edited by Sath_99 - 07 Aug 2021 at 4:20pm
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm
If he's modifying speed and altitude constraints then yes, the software I have now does that but I wanted to make the interface more user friendly.

Pretty much anything you can manually change in the database and ATC Pro won't complain about when you run it, I will make available in the program.  The nice thing is you won't have to go searching through 5 different DB.  Make one search entry for an airport and all the procedures are displayed. Select a runway and it filters it for that runway, then procedure etc etc... 

Edited by bill3810 - 07 Aug 2021 at 6:24pm
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 8:43am

Unfortunately you can't add a procedure because flight paths and some other things seem to be hard coded

Unfortunate. 
It would have been nice to be able to add new procedures like SIDS and STARS but unfortunately ....
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:58pm
Yes I agree with you.

I've started coding today, it seems starting from scratch is the best approach rather than going through all the code from before.

Really won't take that long for a simple importer.  Once it's ready I can get that out to those that want to use it and start importing flight data.  From there I will continue with an advanced version which will include the ability to modify the core databases and adjust procedure's within the limitations of ATC Pro.
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:02am

These are just some of the things I was working on at the time, if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Disclaimer of course is within the limitations of ATC Pro, some ideas may not work in the end but willing to give it a go.

Maybe the possibility to generate flights?
Suppose, for example, you want to control Columbus High and Low and generate some air traffic movement from several (small) airports.
A way of learning the sector(s).
TDW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 5:57am
Long time ago that I logged in. Great to see that you took the time and effort to create  something for ATC-pro so we can pick it up.

Count me in ! ATC pro is to good to be forgotten.

I am not a coder or something in IT but if there is something I can do to help you with the programming just let me know.

Kind regards,

Jeroen
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 7:13am

Yes I agree with you.

I've started coding today, it seems starting from scratch is the best approach rather than going through all the code from before.

@bill3810: any news on the developement ?
jimapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm
Very impressive!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic