ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atlanta North Arrivals .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlanta North Arrivals .
    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:21am
Hi everyone.

Anytime I’m using north arrival code ( D ) Or ( L ) . And after transferring the Aircraft to the final Approach code ( V ) Or ( O ) I observe none of the arrival aircraft that has been transferred been victor to the final Approach course by the Approach controller all of them just crossed the path or keep fly a way from the airport.

Any thing wrong I did ?
hnorgaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hnorgaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:19am
Hi there

I cant talk about Atlanta, but I guess you are handing the aircraft off too far away from the airport on base heading.
As I dont have the exact numbers try this
1. If you are more than 15-20 miles from the airport, turn them to an 30 degree heading to the runway before handing them off
"xxx, turn right heading 220, contact approach on xxx" 
2. If you are less than 15-20 miles from the airport, you can hand them off on the base heading

Henrik

Edited by hnorgaar - 01 Oct 2018 at 12:21am
Salad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:53am
Hi Raad,

I have only spent around an hour in Atlanta and it was some time ago so I am not familiar with the positions. However just some basic things, did you also give a frequency change when handing off to final? Did you give them an expected runway before hand off? ie Seagull 67 expect runway 26R.

Graham
Raad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
Hi Salad

Thanks so much for your advice , after giving them ( expect RV FOR ILS  ***) The flow goes very smooth in sequence 

Regards 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic