ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Version 1.1.19 RELEASED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 5:39pm
Andrew:

When you give the pilot the command to join the localizer, you are releasing him to fly whatever intercept course he (a.k.a the software) thinks is best.  So, he may or may not follow the 110 heading as you expect. 

There is nothing wrong, and he should join the localizer like you want, just not quite where you expect him to.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:00pm
That's not entirely true, ATC expects you to fly that heading to intercept it. Clearing for a visual approach give the pilot leeway like that, but a vector is a vector. 
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:09pm
Thanks Tom.

And as to what mlovetto mentioned: That's what I've been expecting the aircraft to do. And most of the time they do fly the heading as commanded until it's time to turn onto the inbound loc course. Just the odd time, seemingly when they are already fairly close to the loc, they ignore my vector.

ubtya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubtya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 10:37am
Tom wrote:  When you give the pilot the command to join the localizer, you are releasing him to fly whatever intercept course he (a.k.a the software) thinks is best. 

The program can be as realistic as it wants, but so there's no real world confusion about pilots choosing their own headings:

A.I.M. April 2014 chg. 1, Radar Approach Control 5-4-3-b-1

(b) After release to approach control, aircraft
are vectored to the final approach course (ILS, RNAV,
GLS, VOR, ADF, etc.). Radar vectors and altitude or
flight levels will be issued as required for spacing and
separating aircraft. Therefore, pilots must not deviate
from the headings issued by approach control ...

The last sentence in the original is in italics.

(c) The pilot is not expected to turn inbound
on the final approach course unless an approach
clearance has been issued. This clearance will
normally be issued with the final vector for
interception of the final approach course, and the
vector will be such as to enable the pilot to establish
the aircraft on the final approach course prior to
reaching the final approach fix.

and Approach Clearance 5-4-6

e. The following applies to aircraft on radar
vectors and/or cleared “direct to” in conjunction with
an approach clearance:

1. [...]

2. Continue on the vector heading until intercepting
the next published ground track applicable to
the approach clearance.

josh0301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 2:41pm
Any idea why I'd be getting a "ATCpro UI has stopped working" error on startup after updating?  If I reinstall using the original installer, I have no issues.  But as soon as I go to update it, I get the error.

Before you ask, yes.  I disabled my anti virus.  And no, the process is not already listed as "running" in my list of processes.

Edited by josh0301 - 14 May 2016 at 2:45pm
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 2:57pm
Hi Josh,
Did you delete your existing profiles from the ATCpro folder? The new release uses a different format so the old profiles can cause a problem if they exist.
Please let us know if this works.
Thanks,
Dave

See page 1 of this thread:

Edited by Dave @ Flag Mountain - 14 May 2016 at 3:03pm
ATCpro Project Team
josh0301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 5:04pm
Cheers, Dave.  I'm usually the one rolling my eyes at people who ask a question that's been answered already, but it looks like this time I'm rolling my eyes at myself.
Bedrock1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedrock1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 6:22pm
I was part of the Beta Team, and had been getting the upgrades.  I recently had a motherboard failure, and had to start over.  After getting all my programs reinstalled, I am not able to download the version 19 upgrade.  Is the version on the Flight1, an  upgrade or a full-install?  I have the original version installed right now.

Thank you!

Chris Ranes

Edited by Bedrock1977 - 18 Jul 2016 at 6:24pm
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 6:47pm
I'm pretty sure 1.1.19 is the current flight1 version
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
Bedrock1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedrock1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 6:51pm
I'm just wondering if I need to buy it all over again or if I can just download it and upgrade the version I have now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic