ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Version 1.1.19 RELEASED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Tomecatt Tomecatt wrote:

Hi,

Well, .. after running a 3 hour session at ABG (1500z-1800z - Sat), .. the one thing that has changed is, .. no more Overflights. I would regularly get a half a dozen or so Overflights on this session. Got them with 1.1.18, .. but nothing with 1.1.19

Please see my post below about overflights

What hasn't changed, .. is the 10 degree Heading offset. There is still some weird issue between the heading of the Aircraft, .. and the heading the program thinks it's on. e.g. an Aircraft is on a heading of 180 (as reported), .. instruct the Aircraft to 'Maintain Present Heading', .. and it will turn to 190. Try and get an Aircraft to do a 360 degree turn to the right, .. and he will turn 10 degrees to the right and stop there. Turn the same Aircraft 360 degrees to the left, .. and he will do 350.

Have double-checked this and am unable to duplicate the issue.  Will look again.  360 degree turns issue is confirmed.  Fix will be in the next release.

Aircraft are still not complying with their Minimum and Maximum speeds. Shocked

Aircraft will accept a speed too high, but currently will not fly it.  The flight engine stops the aircraft at max allowable tas.  Same for the low end. We can add some code to only allow speeds to be set which are above min or below max speed via the shortcut keys. 

Another issue, which I'm not sure I've reported before, .. is that the menu shortcut keys for .. 'Turn xx degrees left' and 'Turn xx degrees right' .. are incorrect. Strangely enough, they use the (incorrect) shortcut keys from the examples on page 23 of the Quickstart Manual. These keys are listed as LD and RD (which work), .. but, the Examples show DL and DR, which is what the shortcut keys reflect Confused .. which don't work.

Issue is confirmed, and the manual will be updated and posted on the website.  LD and LR are correct.  Manual is wrong.

I know that most people are probably not using the Command Keys, .. but unfortunately, it's the only way I can play the sim. The Speech Recognition is just too frustrating for me to have to deal with, .. 50% of the time. btw, I have half a dozen or so other speech driven programs, .. and they all work 100% fine. So, I don't know what's going on with the SR in ATCPro .. Cry

Your low SR recognition is a concern.  Could you please make some audio recordings of the commands that you are giving that are not recognized?  Suggest using Audacity, which is a free program.  Be sure to set the sample rate for 8K.  I will test your recordings and try to diagnose the issue.

Another thought:  Please send me (a) the command you gave, and (b) a screenshot of the comm history window showing what was heard.

Cheers
Tom

Edited by Tom@FlagMountain - 05 May 2016 at 10:25am
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:09am
I always see that the average VFR operations are 0 per hour, even on severe clear days.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
Tomecatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomecatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Tom@FlagMountain Tom@FlagMountain wrote:

Originally posted by Tomecatt Tomecatt wrote:

Hi,

Well, .. after running a 3 hour session at ABG (1500z-1800z - Sat), .. the one thing that has changed is, .. no more Overflights. I would regularly get a half a dozen or so Overflights on this session. Got them with 1.1.18, .. but nothing with 1.1.19

Please see my post below about overflights

Ok .. read that, .. odd thing is, that I always play the same Session at ABQ i.e. 08:00 Sat, .. and for the past few versions, prior to 1.1.19, .. I always had Overflights, .. and they were always the same ones. Didn't appear to be random, .. although maybe that changed with 1.1.19, .. so, I'll give it a few more sessions and see what happens.

What hasn't changed, .. is the 10 degree Heading offset. There is still some weird issue between the heading of the Aircraft, .. and the heading the program thinks it's on. e.g. an Aircraft is on a heading of 180 (as reported), .. instruct the Aircraft to 'Maintain Present Heading', .. and it will turn to 190. Try and get an Aircraft to do a 360 degree turn to the right, .. and he will turn 10 degrees to the right and stop there. Turn the same Aircraft 360 degrees to the left, .. and he will do 350.

Have double-checked this and am unable to duplicate the issue.  Will look again.  360 degree turns issue is confirmed.  Fix will be in the next release.

Just tried again on 2 flights, .. BTQ523 and SWA2798, .. BTQ523 reports heading as 190, .. when I say 'Maintain Present Heading', .. he replies with .. 'continuing on 200'. Likewise with SWA2798, .. as seen in pic below.

Aircraft are still not complying with their Minimum and Maximum speeds. Shocked

Aircraft will accept a speed too high, but currently will not fly it.  The flight engine stops the aircraft at max allowable tas.  Same for the low end. We can add some code to only allow speeds to be set which are above min or below max speed via the shortcut keys.

Not seeing this in practice Tom, .. I've just told a B737 (SWA2798) to slow to 50 knots (voice cmd), .. and he does, .. as can be seen from his PTL line. Weirdly, .. although I issued no instructions at all to DAL1452, .. he's also flying at 50 knots. Confused

BTW, .. I don't deliberately try to slow Aircraft down to 50 knots, .. except for the purposes of testing, of course. The first time I noticed it, .. was when I was trying to turn an Aircraft (B737) to a different heading, .. to which he replied .. "50 .. ", .. which is not where I wanted him to go, as I assumed he was turning to 050. I put him on the correct heading via Key Command, .. and a little later I noticed his PTL line was getting shorter. When I queried his speed, .. he replied with 50 knots .. Shocked

Another issue, which I'm not sure I've reported before, .. is that the menu shortcut keys for .. 'Turn xx degrees left' and 'Turn xx degrees right' .. are incorrect. Strangely enough, they use the (incorrect) shortcut keys from the examples on page 23 of the Quickstart Manual. These keys are listed as LD and RD (which work), .. but, the Examples show DL and DR, which is what the shortcut keys reflect Confused .. which don't work.

Issue is confirmed, and the manual will be updated and posted on the website.  LD and LR are correct.  Manual is wrong.

I assume you meant LD and RD .. :) .. also, don't forget that the shortcut keys/buttons are incorrect, .. as they insert DL and DR in the command preview area.

I know that most people are probably not using the Command Keys, .. but unfortunately, it's the only way I can play the sim. The Speech Recognition is just too frustrating for me to have to deal with, .. 50% of the time. btw, I have half a dozen or so other speech driven programs, .. and they all work 100% fine. So, I don't know what's going on with the SR in ATCPro .. Cry

Your low SR recognition is a concern.  Could you please make some audio recordings of the commands that you are giving that are not recognized?  Suggest using Audacity, which is a free program.  Be sure to set the sample rate for 8K.  I will test your recordings and try to diagnose the issue.

Another thought:  Please send me (a) the command you gave, and (b) a screenshot of the comm history window showing what was heard.

It's not so much the commands, .. as it is the fix/waypoint names etc., .. which is why the PD key was such an issue for me. I'll see what I can do to get some examples to you.

Currently, .. I'm using a combination of Voice and Key Commands, and I sorta get by .. Wink

.. although I do wish you would put a trailing space on the Aircraft ID in the Command Preview area (when I right-click on the AC) ..  Wink .. I keep forgetting that darn SPACE .. Embarrassed

.. as well as increase the timeout. Sometimes I'd like to queue up a command, .. and wait until the right time to ENTER, .. but, the command disappears .. and I have to type it all over again .. Cry

Cheers
Tom

Thanks for all your responses .. Smile

Cheers
Tom

Edited by Tomecatt - 05 May 2016 at 10:49pm
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 3:41pm
And I haven't been asked for VFR flight following in about 14 hours of controlling. I do get about 35 IFR departures from satellite airports at TYS though.
Greg073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:34pm
I too haven't had a VFR overflight or flight following in probably 30 hours of controlling.  I did a test last night.  Loaded up version 1.0. TONS of VFR flight following requests and VFR aircraft.  As soon as I load any patch, they're gone.  They go from saying they average "## aircraft per hour" (you name the number, they vary from facility to facility) to "0 aircraft per hour" in ALL sectors after loading the patch.  Not sure what we're all doing wrong but I'm willing to bet it isn't us.
Dave @ Flag Mountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave @ Flag Mountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:02am
Hi Folks,
I have uploaded a new version of the Quick Start Manual to the Support page that fixed the typos of the LD and RD commands and added a few more details of the new features in version 1.1.19.
Please let me know if you find any more errors or would like anything else added.
Cheers,
Dave
ATCpro Project Team
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:14pm
I've been vectoring aircraft to ILS rwy 8 at ABQ today. I give them a heading to join the loc and they subtract 10 degrees off what I give them and fly that heading instead to join the loc. Aprox 18:30 local time Friday (in the sim).
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 8:15am
Andrew:

I work ABQ almost all the time, and haven't noticed this.  Local session time shouldn't make any difference.  Could you please give me the command sequence that you are using when this happens?

Thanx

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 1:57pm
The aircraft I vector at ABQ have all flown the headings they were assigned. There is a magnetic variation there of about 10 degrees so 170 is directly up and down the map, not 180. Are you accounting for this? You probably are but its just a theory.
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 1:37pm
Here's a screen shot of AMF1873 doing it. This time he subtracted 15 degrees.

I think it may be because I'm vectoring a little too close to the loc. When I give the intercept heading farther back they seem to do okay, but when I vector at the last minute (but still enough time to fly the intercept heading for a bout 30 sec before joining the loc) they do what's in the screen shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic