ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro update news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:32am
In this case it would be best if you uninstalled the old version first.  This will ensure that the old TTS files will be removed from your system.  The voice files are somewhat large, and it would be good to remove them. 

As Mike said, be sure to disable your anti-virus before uninstalling.  I would also suggest that you look in C:\Program Files and be sure that the Flag Mountain folders are gone.  Same for Program Data, but you might want to keep your preferences files.

Also would be really good to reboot between the uninstall and the reinstall.  Be sure to disable your A-V again after the reboot.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:34am
Fabrice:

Not a silly question.  In this update we have replaced several entire ATCpro modules, and there are new voice files.  Full install is required.

Regards

Tom
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
pilot_ngb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot_ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:45pm
TTS seems more accurate than before. I have a British accent and struggled with the TTS. Will continue testing.
FAA Private Pilot. Logged ASEL/ASES hours in US (AZ, OR, CA & WA), UK and Ireland. Passion for #ATC #Aviation #Hockey #Golf.
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:46pm
You're right. Throughout testing I made comments to that effect. It seems much more accurate.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
aakb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aakb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:04am
Sadly still mostly broken, quick 30 minute run at S46 south final:
- Airplanes transferred in conflict with others
- Airplanes still flying through the middle of my sector by adjacent AI controllers (yes, within my vertical limits)
- Changing expected runway "works sometimes". Other times the aircraft will never accept the approach clearance to the new runway (just doesn't answer and lines itself up on original 16L)

aakb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aakb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:06am
Add as well:
- when launching the session and taking over from AI controller, one flight 40nm north of the aiport flying northbound at 1200ft that doesn't react until issued "cancel approach clearance" instruction
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:53am
I had similar results with the last version in both Seattle and Atlanta. Not sure if it's a database issue or just the amount of traffic being worked in those areas but quite frustrating for sure.

Some areas are unrealistic as there is so much traffic and all of the snafu's coming in it gets the to the point where you just control somewhere else.  These busier airports need a bit more work on the procedures or some better documentation.

For example on final in Atlanta, real world you run the PRM's for approaches which allows you to run very efficiently when busy.  However if you try to really tighten things up in the sim you get conflicts galore because the other runway controllers are not restricting their aircraft to maintain a certain altitude until a certain point.  I can't vector aircraft in at say 7000 on the north runway if the center runway has them intercepting at 8000 and descending immediately to a lower altitude right where my aircraft are intercepting.  Conflicts all over the place and it's almost impossible to space them out with the number that are arriving.

Atlanta seems to have a few flights that decide to pop in at an unrealistic location and altitude which screws everything up.

I'll check in this update if it's been fixed but I highly doubt it.

Just deal with it and look at it as a challenge I guess until some more improvements are made.
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:00am
Thanks for reporting those bugs! These are known to the team and unfortunately the only ones fixed were the ones listed in the release notes. They had to get this patch out because of the licensing constraint with the new TTS engine. We were all hoping for a complete bug fix but it just didn't happen this time. The team is hard at work on these issues and your reports aren't falling on deaf ears! Trust me!
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:53am
I hope you're right Michael. I really had my hopes up for this update. The voices sound great and the SR seems to be better. But oh the bugs... still so many.
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
Greg073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:34pm
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Since it's been almost a year since the last update I had hoped we'd be bug free.  And there'd be more to do than work IFR ops.  But I've been disappointed.  I feel like all we got was some new SR software and voices.  Sigh.  I will stay positive and hope more is to come quickly before I shelve the software.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic