ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Session Videos and Screenshots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:26pm
BUG IN ACTION! 

Ok, here some ATL action from just now.  Running West IFR.  I'm working O and A together.  FALCN feeder jammed me and couldn't slow my guys behind a heavy enough, tried to cancel the approach of a plane and it just stopped.  Enjoy!

watdo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote watdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:21pm
13 minutes of west visuals running north, south, and center finals at ATL.
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 12:43am
Awesome! What's with getting dinged for wake turbulence separation? Shouldn't it be okay because they are on parallel approaches?
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
watdo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 10:19pm
Here's a list of erroneous things that happened during this session (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6WBHOy47o&feature=youtu.be) with timestamps:

6:00: Dinged upon receiving DAL1726 for being 'outside my airspace'
8:19: DAL1726 expect vectors, they said unable, but I noticed on my chart that they did indeed switch over so I could give them the localizer.  Sorry, I didn't have the chat window open to see what they think I said for debugging..
9:44: SKW4640 enters from D already on some approach...
11:37: Dinged for wake turbulence separation B717 following a B739.  He is within 3 miles of a B757 for the parallel.  Really not sure on the stipulation here.
10:53: Of course the CA at the very end that ended the video. (rogue traffic appears at timestamp)

Overall, not bad.  Keep coming with the updates.  This has potential. 

Edited by watdo - 11 Jul 2016 at 10:23pm
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:09pm
OK Guys,  In an effort to provide a little comic relief, I have made my first video. 
You can get it here:

Session is ABQ, Thursday at 1645.   Session is 51 minutes long.

I am definitely not a professional ATC, which will be obvious from viewing the video.

IMHO, ABQ is more difficult to work than it may appear at first glance.  In the larger facilities, you are controlling one part of the pattern - approach, final, etc, but at ABQ you must do it all.  In addition there are several granite clouds that you must avoid. 

Got the mic too close to my face, so you can hear some heavy breathing.  Had to pause the session when the phone rang (you will hear it start), but I edited out the pause.  Used Camtasia for the capture.

I would be interested in your comments, provided you filter out the laughter.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 12:29am
Awesome video! Cool to see you playing the sim that you helped develop. And yeah, I agree ABQ is a challenge to work as the aircraft are heading in multiple directions and all at different stadges of flight. You might have 5 planes but they're all doing something different and requiring different kinds of attention.
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 6:31pm
Alright guys, here's mine. It's the Wednesday at 1000 local that was on someone's favorite session times. It was indeed fun. Feel free to beat me up over it. 

Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 1:36am
At ABQ, don't be afraid of the MVA map.  

I would imagine that controllers in real life never turn it off.  They probably use the MVA blank map though, without the labels, since they have it mostly memorized and it's not too complicated.  Denver always has it on with labels at every sector.  I bet LAS, SLC and such use it all the time, also.  
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:23am
I don't think that's the case. You'll get used to the altitudes when you work the facility long enough. And sometimes you just need a quick check of the MVAs. I hate the clutter on the screen, especially when I overlay approaches or departures. I is use it enough and even noted when I was wrong about it when I violated an MVA and why it happened.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 10:06pm
Random Fact about D01.  Two of the satellite positions's western boundary is where the MVA is higher than what they own. 

Edited by deltamike172 - 14 Jul 2016 at 10:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic