ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Session Videos and Screenshots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:23am
They never follow arrivals for me

Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:44am
This is something that needs to be looked into.  If they have an arrival assigned it will terminate at the point where you break off to the appropriate runway.  So as soon as I assigned them the ILS26R those on the benli1 Arrival should turn north of the airport.  If I assigned them the other two they should break off to the south and be handed off, but this isn't happening.  One point to note, i'm not sure if it's programmed to happen like I explained.  I'm wondering if Tom could elaborate a bit?

I enjoyed this session.
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:28pm
New video I made of some craziness at ABQ. The video starts at 10:38 local time on Wednesday. This amount of traffic is definitely the limit to my ability. Made it through everything with no dings! (I'll admit it's not my first try at this session time.Wink).

Comments and suggestions welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUZp4Q-5PI

Edit: added the day of week for the session

Edited by andrewatc - 08 Jul 2016 at 10:49pm
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
Sath_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sath_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by andrewatc andrewatc wrote:

New video I made of some craziness at ABQ. The video starts at 10:38 local time on Wednesday. This amount of traffic is definitely the limit to my ability. Made it through everything with no dings! (I'll admit it's not my first try at this session time.Wink).

Comments and suggestions welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCUZp4Q-5PI

Edit: added the day of week for the session

Thanks for the video.
At 5:31, what keys do you use to measure the distance to the airport ?
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 4:05pm
It's *T <slew> <slew>

So I would have typed *T then clicked the aircraft and then click the airport.

To clear the line press *T <enter>

Very hardly tool
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Ok everyone, 
This is my first attempt at ever recording myself on the computer, so I didn't get the audio levels quite right in the program.  I'll hopefully improve that next time.  

This is at MIA landing east.  I'm working North Feeder Approach and North Finals combined (less reliance on the AI :)) to keep things interesting.  I'm running visuals to 8L.  

I've recently had good luck with clearing planes direct fixes, and bad luck giving an approach clearance and a tower switch together.  

Also, near the end, I realized that the planes on downwind were calling visual early on and I didn't need to re-ask them again 8 miles out on final.  The planes from the west were calling it in sight about 8-10 out on their own.  I figured this out when I watched the video.  Duh.  So much less work next time.  

Also, for those of you who want to know how to improve your scan, my annoying ass slew cursor is a tell tail sign of where I am looking.  I didn't even know I was doing that.  Zero brain power involved in my swirly mouse.  Also, as a center controller in real life, I really seem to love 5+ miles.  Again, I'll try to do better next time.  The best parts are about half way in.

Edited by deltamike172 - 09 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Elusive Napkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elusive Napkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:46am
Nice, DM! Was that recorded with the Xbox app? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:02pm
Someone posted a link to OBS project.  I used that.  I may try a few other ones this weekend.
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:12pm
Cool video deltamike. Interesting to see your minimal use of the video maps. Is this how it's done in real life? Using minimum map displays and mentally knowing where and what you can do?

Also, after someone posted about OBS I tried it, very good program!
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:24pm
With STARS, controllers have a lot more options to run different maps, but memorizing the map and airspace is the first thing that happens when you go to a new facility, so, the basic tick marks are all that are necessary to give you a general sense of where your airspace is.  Highlighting just your sector isn't a thing in real life.  I suspect most controllers run with very similar settings as I do.  But everyone gets their own preferences with STARS.  Different controllers like different amounts of clutter. 

I know at Boston, pretty much everyone on approach runs the same minimal settings, but on departures, some controllers run with no routes on, some bring up just the initial departure fixes, and some have all the lines on.  That's just because after that first initial memorization of the airspace, anything new (BOS SIDs were created a few years ago, and they changed them again last year) are tougher to remember, and you don't really get any time to memorize it before it's turned on and you figure out what you need to learn.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic