ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Bug Reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 5:29pm
The sudden appearance of a flight entering the ABQ airspace is a problem that has been vexing us since the first test runs.  Somewhere in the sim startup, an altitude setting is being missed.  The instant we can find where this is happening, we will zap it.

Problem seems only to occur at the start of the sim.  When we put in some diagnostic code, it doesn't seem to happen.  Grrrrrr.

Since it is typically (but not every time) at a startup, I just exit out and restart.  Also, seems to be GA or corporate A/C not commercial.

If we had a fix, it would have been in there by now.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
Juan Carlos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juan Carlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 11:20am
I haven't seen this one, I beg forgiveness if it's been addressed.

ABQ with Tuesday 10:25 start time.

Scenario opens and BEFORE I can sign on, SWA 391 is reported "below MVA" and I'm dinged.  I took a screenshot but don't know how to load it here.

It shows SWA 391 on apparent takeoff with red alert, Red "busted session" notification on left, and Red "observing prior to relief briefing" at top.

On exit, though I never signed in, I have a -10 aircraft below MVA

Edited by Juan Carlos - 22 Aug 2017 at 11:21am
kayelbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayelbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Juan Carlos Juan Carlos wrote:

I haven't seen this one, I beg forgiveness if it's been addressed.

ABQ with Tuesday 10:25 start time.

Scenario opens and BEFORE I can sign on, SWA 391 is reported "below MVA" and I'm dinged.  I took a screenshot but don't know how to load it here.

It shows SWA 391 on apparent takeoff with red alert, Red "busted session" notification on left, and Red "observing prior to relief briefing" at top.

On exit, though I never signed in, I have a -10 aircraft below MVA

All reported before, but thanks for confirming it happens!
I've gotten the sign on busts, dinged for not handing off, you name it--all before signing on to the scope.  And they all show in the debrief score.
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by mlovetto mlovetto wrote:

No that just happens sometimes. It's a lot better than it used to be. If you mouse-wheel click on an aircraft it will remove it from the sim.

That ... is a wonderful thing to know. I had 3 planes all frozen on the approach, with overlapping data tags and I began having issues trying to determine who was near whom, what was real, etc.
and finally ... <rage quit>Angry

Next time, I will just give them a middle finger mouse click.

Thanks.

Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Tom@FlagMountain Tom@FlagMountain wrote:

The sudden appearance of a flight entering the ABQ airspace is a problem that has been vexing us since the first test runs.  Somewhere in the sim startup, an altitude setting is being missed.  The instant we can find where this is happening, we will zap it.

Problem seems only to occur at the start of the sim.  When we put in some diagnostic code, it doesn't seem to happen.  Grrrrrr.

Since it is typically (but not every time) at a startup, I just exit out and restart.  Also, seems to be GA or corporate A/C not commercial.

If we had a fix, it would have been in there by now.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

By sudden appearance, are you referring to the fact that they come in under the MVA when  you get the hand off, or they just pop in from nowhere? I have had the bust because they were already below MVA when they were handed to me, but I don't think I"ve seen something just suddenly appear.

Let me know, and I will keep an eye out for it and see if I can get anything for you. I usually have Visual Studio debugger attached to the game anyway ... I like to poke around under the hood. Bug hunts are fun. Well, I should say if you are not pulling your hair out because you own the code ... then they are fun.
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 7:52pm
Speaking of the MVA bust when center hands off a flight that is already below the MVA ...

It seems this is related to aircraft coming in from nearby airports. For example BTQ525 which comes in from Los Alamos airport is only around 22 to 24 minute flight which is reflected in the schedule.db file. Now, that plane should be able to climb above 6,000 feet in 20 minutes, BUT .. it isn't. So, I'm wondering if something in the code is throttling the ROC in such a way that the plane simply does not have time to obtain the correct altitude. I'll play around with the schedule.db and see how various tweaks to the time impact (if it does at all) the altitude I see when BTQ525 arrives.

Thought I'd point it out while it was on my mind.
Stooge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:01pm
Did some more digging. AMF1871 on Monday around 19:03 local time gets a bust. Flying out of KGNT. If I change the times, it doesn't do much or really anything. If I change the departure airport to KGUP which is a bit farther away then KGNT, then he shows up at over 11,000 instead of below 7,000 and he is in the exact same spot on the radar, so it certainly seems it is related to the distance from the airport.

I don't have access to the "AviationMath" code, as that DLL is not in the software on the client side, but I imagine there is something in there related to ROC and distance from airport, as I know the Planner.dll has code related to routing. It is possibly a part of the doVectorRouting method in the RoutePlanner class, but the fact it is related to the distance between arrival airport and departure airport might help point you in a general direction.

Edited by Stooge - 29 Aug 2017 at 9:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juan Carlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
I've noticed a pretty consistent bug within ATL scenario.  When i start the program from the desktop and start a scenario, I get a set of arrivals and/or departures.

But if i end a scenario and restart it from within the running program, some arrivals/departures never show up and some fly right through my airspace without ever requesting to be transferred to me.

If I close the program and restart it they all show up as normal and behave as normal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juan Carlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:37pm
First try at ATL north feeder D and ATL north final V.

I'm getting dinged all over the place for being "late" handing off to next controller.  But I'm the final controller.  How can I be late?  They are in my airspace (it's highlighted)  and not below the designated altitude for the area.

Confirmed after two more scenario fails.  When transferring from "D" space to "V" space, I'm getting dinged for not handing off to myself.

This seems really buggy.  Is this another known issue?

Edited by Juan Carlos - 04 Sep 2017 at 11:48pm
hartleecub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartleecub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 3:54am
ATL D and V is what I usually run and I often get an annoying ding when I open a new scenario and have northwest arrivals who overflew the airport without being turned on downwind for 26R before I can sign on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic