ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Bug Reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 12:42am
And even with RNAV approaches. Any approach really.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
GavNormandale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavNormandale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:35pm
ALB Monday BTQ521 inbound due to arrive at 1223z to Albuquerque, this flight is handed over at too low an altitude, arrives at 6000 when minimum allowed altitude is 8400 resulting in controller error which is unavoidable

Gav
andrewatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:08pm
Just want to point out that the RNAV approach issues aren't on the bug list.

The aircraft still wander off the RNAV unless handed off to tower. One work around is that if the aircraft is on a STAR, they will fly the RNAV approach properly (most of the time). But using the "cleared direct to XX, maintain at or above XX until XX, cleared RNAV RWY XX approach" causes aircraft to do some pretty weird things. Mlovetto had this happen in one of the videos he's posted if I recall correctly.

Edited by andrewatc - 07 Aug 2016 at 11:09pm
SW3, SW4 Captain in CYYC
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:40am
It did. They always read back "maintain 0" or "cross at 0" and then when they pass the IF they sometimes fly it, sometimes not.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
kenatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 9:38am
In A80 the arrival corridors on the EVULE AND ONYON (the sections 60-100 and 50-100) have a problem for the final controllers.  On handoff from L or H, if you accept the handoff it will give you and error about another controllers airspace.  This airspace should be under the controller who is handing off it is his L or H.  The airspace is possibly labeled somewhere to belong to another controller causing the error.  This is in west flow, haven't tried east flow yet.
Retired ATC from KSTL
kenatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:59am
Dave, the traffic inbound from HONIE over TGGGR east flow, are being handed off to final and if final doesn't take the handoff are being handed off to H who doesn't own airspace there.  I final takes the handoff you get dinged for not your airspace.  I you wait for H to have it maybe worse.
  the northside seens to be ok, so far.

Retired ATC from KSTL
kenatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 11:04am
Tom, I notice that I may have missed something.  Do you have to start the program again is you terminate a session?  I have started another session without closing the program and all kinds of strange things happen and get all screwed up???????
Retired ATC from KSTL
Salad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 6:46pm
kentac, I noticed this last night. I closed off a session and started another at MIA. All sorts of weird things happened such as Centre flying A/C through final at 3,000, 5,000 & 8,000 (although 8k is above the approach - still a bit of a hmmm moment). I included them as something to avoid while working A&V together.

The Conflict Alert was going mad when N handed off their targets in conflict at 5K but the instructor just shrugged his shoulders so I didn't actually get dinged for it.

Graham
kenatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:26pm
Yes and if you start a 3rd or 4th time look out.....lol
Retired ATC from KSTL
kenatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:25pm
Tom,  If an a\c is following traffic on final and cleared for the ILS, and he is closing on previous a\c.  I cancel his approach clearance so as to take control of them and turn them out of the approach.  There's no response.  I say it again, "_______ cancel approach clearance." 
   The a\c stops dead which ruins the whole session.  Happens every time.  Have not tried it on other facilities but bet it happens their also. 
   Have had a\c come over to final and they say they are already cleared for approach, and I can say "_______ cancel approach clearance" , and no problem.  They acknowledge and I keep working them.  But if they are on final of an ILS that's when they freeze.
I have the log but no pics as it doesn't make any diff on the a\c.
Retired ATC from KSTL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic