ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCpro Bug Reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATCpro Bug Reports
    Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 5:17pm
I have created a list of all the bugs that have been reported.  The idea here is to create the master list of reported/suspected bugs, and track them.  If I have overlooked a bug that you have reported, then please accept my apologies, point me to the bug report, and I will add it to the list.  
The list can be found here:  uploads/3/ATCpro_Bug_Reports3.docx
I will update the list as new information becomes available.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Edited by Tom@FlagMountain - 24 Jul 2016 at 5:30pm
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 5:31pm
KMCI

Aircraft arriving from the South East going to OJC, enter the south east portion of the sector and turn south and exit sector.  You can give them commands and they will execute your instruction however nothing shows up in comms history nor do you hear the aircraft respond.  You are unable to hand off and you are not gigged for anything.

My fix for this was to just point them towards the airport and cancel IFR since you can't hear their response the only way to know they are doing what you instructed is to watch them.

Bill

Edited by bill3810 - 24 Jul 2016 at 5:31pm
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:22pm
Bill:

I tripped over something similar, so I want to be sure - did you give a "radar contact" cmd?  Did the A/C datatag turn white?

Just checking

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 12:21am
You click on the data tag and it stops flashing but it is white. It doesn't respond to Radar Contact.  It will follow you're orders but it's like it's not under your command (i.e. you can't hand it off), says not your control and it won't respond over voice either.

Also, it will respond to any commands without Radar Contact command just no acknowledgment.

I've tried Radar Contact but get no response and the aircraft acts the same way regardless.

Also look at the flight plan track that the aircraft flies, very odd especially since there is no arrival going into OJC, this can't be normal.

Edited by bill3810 - 25 Jul 2016 at 5:02am
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
ATL

The other thing here and I've seen this on the West flow so i'm sure it's the same on the east flow is you have Simultaneous Triple Independent approaches going on and collision alerts all over the place.  I don't know the exact procedures but reading the FAA manual each approach should be joining at a different altitude should an overshoot occur you would have separation.

Now a place like ATL this would require procedures on who joins where and what altitude.  What I find happening when it gets really busy (part of the challenge but often times there is no relief and you just have to accept the CA which goes on your career), is that on West Flow the Center Runway will have aircraft coming down from the north and Joining at 7000 so the North runway would have to join at 6,000 or lower but the problem is by the time my aircraft are on an intercept heading at 6000 for the north runway, the aircraft on the center runway are already descending down on the localizer to a lower altitude which causes a conflict.  This is not indicative of the real world.  Yes once established on a segment of an approach you can descend via that approach but a place like Atlanta if I'm established on the localizer at 8000 and the FAF / GS intercept altitude is 2500 I just stay at 8000 and pick up the glide slope there.  This is just standard as it's much more efficient and easier.

One way to make this work would be "join the localizer"  then once established "maintain XXXX feet until XYZ FIX cleared for the ILSXX Approach"  or you could do this have them join the localizer but don't clear them for the approach until you are ready for them to descend.  This would keep each aircraft on different runways at a separate altitude for the joining of the localizer and of course you would need everyone to join at a certain distance out.  Now all aircraft are tracking the localizer at the descent fix and all is good.  The problem with this is the AI controlling the other two runways is not on board with this procedure.  I'm not sure how easy this would be to change or if it's possible at this stage but with the amount of traffic flowing into ATL they have specific SOP's for joining and of course the other advantage is the controller for the other runway is sitting right next to you :-).

Another bug for Atlanta is if you have cleared an aircraft to join the localizer and you let him fly the localize for awhile and then clear him for the approach after, he will exit the localizer and drift off to la la land on a different heading which requires re-sequencing. If your running west flow north runway they like to drift down to the center runway and cause havoc. Would be happy to produce it on a video for you if you like.

I've also seen random aircraft descend through my airspace (no point out, no hand off) when i'm operating the "V" Approach sector with West Flow.  I've already reported this and sent video if you need it re-sent let me know.

Bill

Edited by bill3810 - 25 Jul 2016 at 5:22am
captmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:32pm
Hi,

I see that the issue with aircraft targets freezing on approach is not included. There are folks like myself that are still experiencing this issues.

CaptMac/donmcdaniel
DonMc
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:49pm
Don:

What facility, day, time etc?  I need to be able to reproduce.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
captmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:20pm
Hi, 

I'm working MCI. Does not matter what time or what RW. On all sessions at least once but usually more I'll get a aircraft on the approach that freezes. Also does not matter between VFR and ILS approaches. Interesting that I can actually fly other aircraft right through the frozen target without a warning. 

captmac/donmcdaniel
DonMc
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 5:00pm
The latest version (26 July 2016) of the Bug Reports can be found here:

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
mlovetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlovetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 12:35am
They descend below the localizer altitude on all sectors.
Michael Lovetto - FAA CPL; CFI; CFII
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic