ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCPro Bug List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimOrlando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:58am
When I work traffic into a non-towered airport, if I use "...frequency change approved." the target stays white and shows "1200", then the pilot responds appropriately followed by the target turning green.

When I use "...change to advisory frequency approved." the target immediately turns green with no reply from the pilot.
rain94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:51pm
I use, "Radar service terminated, squawk one two zero zero, frequency change approved." Tbh, I don't recall any response from the pilot, target just turns green.  
ttjager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttjager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by rain94 rain94 wrote:

I use, "Radar service terminated, squawk one two zero zero, frequency change approved." Tbh, I don't recall any response from the pilot, target just turns green.  

The AI pilot does respond and the target turns into a green "splat" with Mode-C readout. . .  *65 . . . 
COMM/INST FW/RW HELO CFI/CFI-I/CFI-NVG
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
rain94:

What you are doing with this command is handing the pilot off to a tower.  The tower is not under your control, which is one reason why you don't specify the tower frequency.  The pilot changes over to tower, and does not reply further to you.

Regards
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
ttjager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttjager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 5:28pm
In real life, and in the sim, you are actually terminating service with an aircraft that is landing at a non-towered airport.  There is no control tower at that field.  In the case of ABQ TRACON, ABQ and AEG are towered airports, hence the "contact tower, 120.3".  E98 Mid Valley and E80 Alexander have no control tower.  Planes operating at those airports use a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF - pronounced "see-taff").  

TJ
JimOrlando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimOrlando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 8:05am
In my experience as a rw pilot, "frequency change approved" is used when terminating radar service mid-flight, such as class B or C service. The controller will usually say something like, "Cutlass 46D, leaving my airspace, radar service terminated, squawk 1200, frequency change approved." Often he may suggest the next controller, "You can try Jacksonville center on 134.0"

When approaching a non-towered airport to land then the "change to advisory frequency approved" is used.

In the sim, the former is handled normally, with the target going white splat and the pilot acknowledging the transmission then the target goes green splat. However, with the latter the target immediately goes to a green splat with no transmission from the pilot. This instruction should actually result in the same sequence as the former.
Elusive Napkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elusive Napkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:51pm
Further, in the case of the IFR flight landing at a non-towered airport, the aircraft should call back after landing to cancel IFR. 
FAA ATPL | B757/767 | B744
ttjager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttjager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:27pm
That's true. In this case, each aircraft had reported the airport in sight and been cleared for a visual approach. In the Sim, it's reasonable to assume they would cancel their IFR clearance in the air. In RL the controller would prompt them for the cancellation or instruct them to cancel with flight service on the ground. Without that cancellation, the field is closed to any more IFR arrivals until it's received by ATC.
kayelbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayelbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:05pm
Many times I've given the command, and they've read it back and gone VFR only A few minutes later they report entering the traffic pattern. Not a bug, I dont think, just interesting. Like the pilot just forgot to change his radio and thought he was on CTAF.

Also forgot to 'radar contact' someone, and a few minutes later they requesed flight following. That was kind if cool, since i never heard that before.

Edited by kayelbe - 08 Feb 2018 at 7:08pm
DrRSG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrRSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 3:14pm
Watching AI in Albuquerque control arrivals and advise an arrival to "climb and maintain 0". North sector at 05:49:28 Monday
Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic