ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > ATC Pro Official Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATCPro Bug List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATCPro Bug List
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:11pm
All:

I have created the first draft of an ATCPro Version 20 Reported Bugs List.  Since the release of V20, I have been collecting all the reports of problems/anomalies/suspected bugs, etc.  This list probably doesn't have everything on it yet, but so many of the reported issues turn out to be operational problems, or someone misunderstanding commands, etc etc, but it is a start.

If you have previously submitted a bug, and it isn't on this list, and you are reasonably sure that it actually is a bug, could I ask that you please resubmit your report, and we will get it on the list.  My sincere apologies for the extra work.

Following is a link to a dropbox folder containing the list.  Save the link, because as updates to the Bug List are made, I will put the document back into that same folder.

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:02pm
For S46:

When I first load a scenario, I get an initial set of aircraft that come from all four arrival gates.  But, once the session is loaded and I'm playing, maybe one or two planes come from the SE, a couple from the NW, NONE from the NE, and then its ALL from the SW.  Even planes with callsigns that are from places like MSP and BOI.  

DM
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 10:26pm
DeltaMike 172:

What facility?

Regards

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:30pm
Seattle Tracon

Edited by deltamike172 - 04 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
Ok, I'm going to start a new thread here.  

This first video is short and boring, unless you are a developer of the game, in which case, BUGS!  LOG https://www.dropbox.com/s/be84y8wuetq7ypl/ATCproLog%20ATL%205JULY17.txt?dl=0

Please note that DAL1256 never lands.  A few go OK.  Before I hit record I was able to get a plane to land 27L successfully and handed them off to O in their eastern box there.  

Those three planes from the SW handoff to A tags fine, but after they take the freq change, they say "going around" and do weird things before they land.  

DM
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm
deltamike172:

I have moved your latest post - regarding ATL to the ATCPro Bug List thread.  It is the proper thread for your discussion.

Thanx

Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:59am
Here's a long video working A and O finals at ATL landing west.  Some good moments and some bad moments.  Ultimately, "cancel approach clearance" freezes the plane and the whole sim stops responding.  Note that I get a few random dings that shouldn't happen throughout.  

DM
falcone88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcone88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:16am
Some things I've noticed:

- If I say something like "ABQ airport is X o'clock, Y miles, report in sight" the aircraft will respond twice, eg: "Airport in sight. Airport in sight." I've even heard them say that 3 or 4 times if the speech recognition did something weird

- Not a bug, per se, but the speech recognition doesn't seem to understand things like "g'day" or "good afternoon," etc., so tacking typical pleasantries on to the end of a "contact center" or etc. can lead to the pilot thinking they need to join a departure procedure.

- Several times, I've been trying to hand-off an aircraft to CTR and the speech recognition did something wacky, and the aircraft decided I meant for them to join some random departure procedure that I hadn't used at all that session. This also happened several times in a row (same aircraft) when I was telling an arriving aircraft to "proceed direct ABQ"

- Again, not sure if this is strictly a bug, but once when attempting to hand off to TWR, I accidentally hit C and clicked on them, like you do before handing-off to CTR (this was one of my first times running arrivals, and I forgot you don't need to do anything for the TWR handoff). I couldn't figure out how to cancel the handoff, so I just told them to change to the CTR frequency, expecting CTR to hand them back off to me in a few seconds, like if I hand off to CTR on departures a bit too early. However, he apparently just stayed on CTR (the letter stayed C) until he landed and disappeared from the scope.

- If I give an aircraft the wrong CTR frequency during a handoff, even though I've done the C+slew thing and waited for it to turn green, the instructor says I failed to hand-off before giving the frequency change. Not really a bug; I read the sector chart wrong. But, it took me several times to realize what I was actually doing wrong, since the instruction wasn't accurate. A clearer message from the instructor that I said the gave the wrong frequency would be helpful.

Thanks!
falcone88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcone88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:22am
Also, I just now started a session (ABQ E flow, Saturday, 14:10Z) and immediately after receiving the briefing I get knocked by the INST for BTQ523 being below the MVA (6000ft in with min 8400). This reminds me of another time when I was just observing before doing the briefing, and the INST yelled at me for an aircraft being below the MVA. I'm pretty sure both of those situations were the fault of the controller before me ;)
falcone88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote falcone88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:32am
Sorry for so many posts, but in the same session as above: 

- Issued SWA2798: "proceed DCT GRZZZ join the GRZZZ2 departure"
- When they passed ROWHO, I did the `C+slew` and waited until they turned green
- Handed them off to 132.8---I believe this is the right one?
- INST complains that I forgot to hand them off.

Also, here's another non-bug, but a UX issue: several times I've attempted to pause the sim only to hide the side bars. My keyboard doesn't have a pause button on it, so I have to use that UI button since there's no way to rebind keyboard shortcuts. That ability would be nice, but an easier short-term solution that would be appreciated is to simply widen the click target for that UI button, so it's easier to not miss it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic