ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATC in 1963

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATC in 1963
    Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm
I remember as a 12-year old boy scout in the early sixties taking a tour through an Air Traffic Control Center, and I thought it was the neatest thing I had ever seen.  Most of the people there had on white shirts and ties, and of course crew cuts as I remember.  Today I ran across this video of an old FAA film that talks about ATC back in the day.  It shows an ARTCC just how I remember it from that tour.  It's a hoot.  You can tell traffic density wasn't as it is today by the leisurely way they give instructions.

Alan
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 11:12pm
That was amazing.  A few notes... LAX approach is still 124.9.  Non-RVSM sucks.  It's fun to see what the Center looked like brand new.  I want a headset like that.  
Sim-Deck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim-Deck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:53am
Fascinating stuff. Nothing has changed :)
Based in the UK. Passion for simulations. ATC-Flight-Combat Sims. Runner, Kayaker, Mountain Biker. My Sim Blog
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
Actually, the best part was the motorized airplane models in the academy.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic