ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrivals and DynamicRouteImpl.txt File

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrivals and DynamicRouteImpl.txt File
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:22am
I decided to open a new topic on this because I was hijacking the other thread.

In Atlanta with East Flow on the Dirty 2 when descending on the Dirty 2 from the NE most of the traffic will go to the North Side i.e. 8L.  However having flown to Atlanta many timesmyself sometimes the North side will get busy and you will be assigned the south side, plink in the runway and you follow the appropriate routing.

Problem is you can't do that with ATC Pro.  I think it's associated with the DynamicRouteImpl.txt file.  If the first entry is this.

dirty [two] [ arrival ] [runway] [[zero] eight left] [transition] {out="DIRTY2.MOL.08L.1";}

Then that's where everyone goes, the only way to get them to go to the south side is to put this line as the first entry.

dirty [two] [ arrival ] [runway] [[zero] niner right] [transition] {out="DIRTY2.MOL.09R.1";}

Unfortunately then no one goes to the North side even when assigned this as their runway.

Even worse when you hand them off to the controller 1H on the South Side he hands them back after turning them back to the NW for 08L, so not sure here.

Any of you tinkering experts figured this one out??

Edited by bill3810 - 12 Jan 2019 at 9:34am
deltamike172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltamike172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 1:06am
When combined on the last build, I tried just vectoring the north arrival to the south downwind and say "expect runway 28" which they accepted, flew the approach properly, but every time they went missed on a north heading and flew off to oblivion.  Wasn't really high on my list of things I was going to nag them about :)
bill3810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:52am
Thanks for the reply, looks like one of those things I'll have to live with in the hopes of a fix in the future.  Seems a bit unrealistic anyway without anyway to communicate with the South Controller just dumping a bunch of extra traffic on his pile and saying "Deal with it".
ReaperT215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReaperT215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:41am
I think that I have accidentally gotten them to fly the runway 9R transition in the past. I would have to go back and test it, but I believe if you say "descend via the DIRTY2 arrival, runway 9R transition" they will do it. You can just say expect runway 9R and have them automatically fly the transition. Same for runway 8L, they won't actually fly the transition unless you specifically tell them to (they don't make the downwind turn on their own).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic