ATCPro Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATC Pro Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Couple of Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Couple of Questions
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:51pm
A couple more newbie type questions if anyone can help:

1.  I have seen ATCPro videos that show aircraft with very minimal data tags, I think just an altitude or something, and I'm wondering how that is done?  I can't find it in the documentation, and I would like to clear up a lot of targets that are not a factor when ATL gets clogged up with aircraft.  I am getting so I do a lot of Falcon Approach, North Final and sometimes Center final at the same time (all with ILS to make it easier), and having all the other data tags makes it very cluttered (of course it's not realistic, and I go down the tubes in about 25 minutes, but it's dang fun)    I know sometimes when I hand-off to center, the target eventually changes to just a "c", but I am talking about a command or keystroke(s) that can clear most of the target's data for those targets that don't belong to me.

2.  I try to find the busiest times I can to run ABQ both N and S, and I've noticed when there are a bunch of departures, I will get a faster aircraft departing right after a slower aircraft, and regardless of any vectoring I might do, they are definitely not separated for the first couple of minutes when they are within a few miles of the airport.  A departing SWA aircraft tailgates an AMF pretty quickly.  The thing I don't understand is that I don't get a CA warning, or anything else, I just get them on their way, and all is well.  Is the separation criteria different in class C airspace, or is it because the tower has called out the traffic and they maintain visual separation (which would not happen in IFR conditions)?

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Alan
ndsamuelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ndsamuelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:19am
1: Go to Program Settings and select TCW Options on the right. Turn off 'Always show full data blocks'. This will make it so if you slew a plane that isn't yours, it will show it, and if you slew it again, it will only show the altitude.

Edit: The reason they eventually change to just the Position indicator is because they are outside whatever you have set for your filter limits. If they're above the ceiling you have set, all you will see is the Position indicator unless you slew them.

2: If I run into spacing issues, I just call the traffic again and have them maintain visual separation. I don't know that I've ever really had issues with spacing at ABQ. I only notice them on a busy A80 running departures usually. The reason you don't get CA warnings (this is pure speculation on my part, so take it for what it is) is because they have 1000+ feet of altitude separation.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Edited by ndsamuelson - 19 Jan 2018 at 12:21am
AlanR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:27am
That worked great.  I can't believe I hadn't tried that.  I had thought that "Always show full data blocks" being disabled would affect all targets. 

I actually haven't had issues with the separation either, I just am wondering why.  I know there are times when a King Air is followed by a 737 and they are they same altitude for a moment and maybe 1 - 2 miles apart.  I just think "that's not my fault".  I do see an occasional CA with departures off A80 too, and I ignore them because neither are usually in my airspace yet, and of course you don't get dinged.

Very helpful, thanks!
Alan
ndsamuelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndsamuelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:55am
Oh yeah. At A80 if you watch the south final on east flow, the planes are practically holding hands out the window during peak times. I just have to tell myself to mind my own business and make sure my planes are spaced properly heh Wink
rcatcret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcatcret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:49am
Hi All, 

I'm thinking about buying the simulator. I don't know if my computer can handle it or not. If I buy this program is it transferable to another computer and if so how long will I be able to use it? I ask because I bought the TRACON game (not this one) and it dropped off after a few months and I can't use it anymore. Thanks.
Tom@FlagMountain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom@FlagMountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:27am
When you purchase ATCpro, there is a license file created for that machine.  If you want to move the software to another PC, you can do that, although you may have to reverify with the Flight1 web portal.
Check the documentation for the minimum system requirements, but basically it is an i5 chip, 2 gig of memory, and Windows 7 or greater. 

Your license is perpetual.

Regards
Tom Murdock
Flag Mountain Software
ATCpro Project Team
rcatcret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcatcret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:51pm
Thanks Tom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic